Top Sentimental Christmas Songs in the Philippines
Christmas is supposed to be a time of festivities. Christmas Carols usually have a happy tune; with all the jingle bells and rapapampam in the airwaves during holidays; the sentimental Christmas songs are also extensive during these days. Why so? Well I guess there were various reasons for this which you will find below, but the main cause of it all is the depressing experiences that have occurred before or during Christmas season. In these days wherein everybody is rejoicing and you can’t help but to be reminded of your not so good Christmas past, it would be more distressing on your part. Thank goodness there were some good old songs to listen to that will let you know that you were not alone.
Reasons Why People Want To Listen To Sentimental Songs During Christmas. . .
- Nobody to celebrate it with – Everybody have somebody and I have nobody. Oh yes my family is there, my friend is there and it is okay but I mean I want to experience to have a special someone, you know something that is not so platonic. I am a member of NBSB (No Boyfriend Since Birth) and I want to quit.
- Love ones departed – We are complete every Christmas, it was some sort of a family reunion yearly and now he/she was gone. It would never be the same.
- Love ones working in another country – Miles away from my husband who is working in another land. We have everything now, except him.
- Overseas worker working in a non-Christian community – Yes miles away, but what made it sadder than sad and bluer than blue is that here Christmas day is just an ordinary day.
- Unhappy childhood – Christmas wherein my playmates/friends/classmates are all happy. They were showered with love and affection by their parents. Me what do I get? No Christmas gifts worst no love.
- Breaking-up, separation on Christmas day – 365 days in a year, of all those days why today wherein we should be celebrating.
- You are Filipino – Yes Filipinos in general are very sentimental and would love to cry even if there is nothing to cry to. We are so extreme; we can laugh during the hardest times and cry during the happiest ones.
Now I will share with you some of the famous Sentimental Christmas Songs here in the Philippines. Some are Filipino versions but most are English and Filipino OPM’s (Original Pilipino Music). These songs are my favorites too, songs that have been special to me because in one way or another it speaks of what I or my family and friends have gone through in our lives.