- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Event Planning
Trivia Night Tips: What to Expect When Attending a Trivia Night Fundraiser
Hopefully, it'll be an awesome trivia night. YOU can be a part of that.
What We'll Cover About Enjoying an Awesome Trivia Nights
So, here's what we will cover on tips to enjoy an awesome trivia night:
- What to Bring to a Trivia Night
- What a Trivia Night Will Be Like
- Some Trivia Night Games
- How to Have a Great Time at a Trivia Night
What to Bring to a Trivia Night Fundraiser
To have a great trivia night, bring these items:
- Bring a good attitude! : Yes, you can make sure you have a terrible time by going into it thinking it will be awful...OR you can decide you're just going to have a good time. You can do this by making sure you bring the rest of the things on this "what to bring" list.
- Bring your friends : If you still have the option, invite some friends. Make up a whole trivia night table full of fun people with who you'd like to spend an evening.
- Bring alcohol! : NOW....some trivia nights allow this, but some don't. So, check it out. MOST trivia nights include beer and soda with their admission price. If they don't, bring a cooler of your favorite drinks, unless of course, it says that no outside alcohol is allowed. Either way, maybe just be a little sneaky about it. If you can't bring alcohol and there is no alcohol allowed? Sorry. It should still be fun if...
- Bring Food to Trivia Night! : It's like a trivia night tradition -- bring some yummy snacks to share with the other people at your table. Try out that latest appetizer you saw on Pinterest or your Mom's recipe for delicious Crockpot meatballs. Either way, your table mates will love you! Some of my favorite trivia night snacks are homemade cookies, taco dip, buffalo chicken dip (LOVE it), and Crockpot meatballs.
Check out some of these yummy trivia night snacks!
What will a trivia night be like?
Trivia nights can be a really fun experience AND a way for a cause to raise money. Once you get to a trivia night, you will be asked to register and find your table. Hopefully you will be at a table with people that you know. It just makes it more fun! BUT, you can still have fun with strangers. You'll just have a little more introductions to make.
The trivia night will have rounds and questions. Most trivia nights have 10 rounds of 10 questions. An IDEAL trivia night will last about 3 hours. However, some can last up to 4. It just depends on how well the trivia night is run. HOPEFULLY, you'll be at a well-run trivia night! Fingers crossed!
Most trivia nights take a couple of breaks throughout the trivia night for bathroom breaks and to let people roam the raffles and silent auctions.
Trivia Night Games -- Just So You Know What You're Going Into
Heads or Tails
Easy game. Everyone who wants to play heads or tails at the trivia night holds up their hands with a dollar in it. Then some of the trivia night workers go around and collect that dollars. Next, the MC asks everyone playing to place their hands either on their head OR on their tails. Then, the MC flips a coin and reads off if it was heads or tails. Anyone who had their hands in the correct place stays standing. All who were wrong sit down. This continues until there is not one left.
50/50 at a trivia night involves buying a raffle style drawing, except with this raffle, the money that people put in to play is the prize. So, if people decided to play and $400 was raised on this specific part of the trivia night, then the 50/50 raffle prize would be $200.
Dead or Alive
Like Heads or Tails, Dead or Alive at a trivia night includes everyone who wants to play holding up a dollar and the collection of the money. Then the MC shows a famous person on the projector screen. All those who are playing either put up a thumbs up (alive) or thumbs down (dead). Then, the MC reveals if the famous person is dead or alive. All who were wrong sit down. This continues until no one is left.
Helpful Links for Trivia Night Attendees
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Typical Trivia Night Rules So You Know What's Going On
Here you can find the rules usually used at trivia nights for an expectation of what your trivia night will probably be like.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Crockpot BBQ Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs are SO easy and delicious for a trivia night snack recipe. Yes, grape jelly may sound weird as an ingredient, but they are so yummy.