- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Valentines Day Care Packages for your Deployed Soldier
Valentines Day is right around the corner ladies, did you already make care packages to send to your loved ones deployed overseas?
I have thought about what to send my husband what seems like weeks now and have finally figured out some of what I might include in his care package. I also decorated the inside of the flat rate box with some colored wrapping paper that had a valentines day theme. I'm sure I spent more time decorating the inside of the box instead of coming up with ideas of what to send him. But hey, why not throw some pizaz in there to show him that I had put a lot of heart into making this care package special for him.
Now what to add inside the box:
- Home made cookies: He loves it when I bake peanut butter cookies for him when he's home so why not send it to him. If you are thinking about sending your soldier some home made cookies make sure to add a piece of bread to your container so that they stay moist and crisp as if they just came out of the over.
- His favorite candies: I always send him his favorite candies, and since the wrappers change with the holiday his favorite candies always come in festive foils. Depending on where you soldier is try to stay away from chocolates. It might melt by the time it gets to where ever he is and ruin the inside of the box you worked so hard on. Also, get a box of hearts with the little I love you phrases on them.
- Pictures: Since we don't have any kids I like to send him pictures of our fur-babies. If you have a little extra money on hand try taking some sexy photos for your soldier or pay a photographer to do a Boudoir photo session. Ladies if you send your man a Boudoir photo of yourself I am sure it will make him melt faster than m&ms in his mouth.
- Personal Letter: There isn't anything better than receiving a beautiful hand written letter or sexy letters we shall say. Write 2 letters, 1 of how you miss him on valentines day or how the kids are doing, work, life etc.... And for the other letter write about the things that you would do to him when he gets home, be explicit. I promise it will make him want to be home right now.
Everyone of your soldiers are different in style and personality so what I give mine could be a stepping stone to what you can get yours. Make it personal and make it sweet. The more effort you put into making a care package the more reassured your soldier will be as to no matter the distance between you, your love for each other will just get stronger. And I am sure that he will be more than happy to receive a decorated care package. :)