- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Valentine's Day Quick Breakfast Bites
Quick bites to surprise your loved ones
Valentine's Day has not yet become a Red-letter day, still this day calls for celebration, celebration of love. What are we going to do now? Well, as we know there are hundreds of options. We can exchange fancy gifts with our loved ones, go out for dinner or even party at home.
All these things are very cliched that we are repeating for years, aren't we? Why not do something different this year. Why not surprise your loved ones in the morning with cute and mini breakfasts in their bed!
Now you might think that by mentioning Valentine's Day breakfast I might mean something that is very dramatic and time-consuming. No way darlings! I know all of you have to go out for work or school in the morning. I am trying to say that you can make something that is very quick, easy and simple which will not require more than 5 minutes to make. Now that much time you can invest in the morning for your loved ones.
Look, these mini bites can be very easily made but they have such tender and innocent appeal that whoever will receive them in the morning will appreciate your efforts for sure. They will definitely say, "Honey, you made my day!!!" These quick bites can be made by anybody and everybody, from 7 year old to 70 year old, it is so damn simple! They can made by a mother for her kids, they can be made by a kid for his/her grandparents, they can be made by a boyfriend for his girlfriend. And the most important thing is that they are inexpensive, yet they are beautiful. Serve them with a cup of fuming hot coffee and smile. They will become invaluable.
This Valentine's Day give it a try. You maneuver will definitely be praised. Money can buy rich gifts but these small treats can give many unforgettable tender moments to be shared with your loved ones. Happy Valentine's Day guys!!!
The main ingredient
Do you know what is the main ingredient of your short and cute Valentine's Day breakfast? Your eyes will definitely pop out when you know the answer. Look at the side picture. Yes your are absolutely right, the answer is the common brown bread. You will see for yourself how this common brown bread will transform itself and become a lovely breakfast treat for your loved ones.
Apart from brown bread other things that are required to make these quick bites are:
- Egg White
- Egg Yolk
- Strawberry Jam
- Tomato Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Mexican Ranch Dip
- White Pepper/ Black Pepper
- Seasoning of your choice
You see all these ingredients are most of the time present in our kitchen rack. There will be no difficulty in getting them. You can even add or subtract ingredients according to your own requirement and innovative spirit. That is up to you. I will only show you the procedure of making some very basic breakfast bites that will hardly take few minutes in the morning These ingredients are more than enough for those quick bites.
Simple tools are required to accomplish your V-Day morning task.
- Small Knife
- Frying Pan
- Tongs/ Spatula
The V-Day mini bites
Now I will show you how to make some basic and simple mini bites with very little or no outside help at all. You will definitely be able to make them without any difficulty. Just follow the instructions carefully. Even the photos below are self-explanatory. All the best!
The Procedure is simple:
- Take a slice of brown bread and a cut out a heart-shaped figure from the center with the help of a small knife.
- In a plate place a slice of cheese first.
- Next place the slice of bread on top of it.
- Place the heart shaped bread figure at one side of the plate.
Now your Open Heart Mini Bite is ready!
The procedure is:
- Take a slice of brown bread and cut out a heart-shaped piece from the bread.
- Next place a cheese slice in the center of the plate.
- Cover it with the cut up brown bread.
- Now take the heart shaped piece and spread evenly red strawberry jam on it.
- Place the red heart on the bread slice following the above picture. Keep in mind the cheese slice will be partly visible from beneath the red heart.
Your Red Heart Mini Bite is ready!
Even this procedure is too easy:
- Cut out a heart from a brown bread slice. Keep the heart aside.
- Now coat the bread slice with butter generously.
- Put a frying pan on heat.
- Place the bread slice on the frying pan with the buttered side facing the heat.
- After sometime bring it out of the frying pan with the help of a pair of tongs or with a spatula. The buttered side will turn crispy reddish brown.
- Place a cheese slice on the plate.
- Put the bread slice with crispy reddish brown side on top of the cheese slice.
- Now place the cut out heart figure in the middle of the crispy bread as shown in the above picture.
Your very own Passionate Heart Mini Bite is ready!
Sweet and Savory Hearts
The procedure is quite simple:
- Take two slice of brown breads. Individually cut out heart-shaped figures from the middle of the slices.
- Toast the heart shaped slices.
- Evenly spread Strawberry jam on one heart.
- Generously spread Mexican Ranch dip on another heart.
- Place them on a plate as shown in the above photo and serve.
- You can also add a third heart shaped figure covered with Chocolate sauce and serve it along with them.
Your Sweet and Savory Hearts Mini Bites are ready to be served!
- Cut out hearts from two brown bread slices. Make sure one heart is smaller than the other one.
- Spread Mexican Ranch Dip on the bigger heart.
- Spread tomato sauce on the smaller heart.
- Cut out a very small heart from the cheese slice.
- Put the biggest heart at the bottom of the plate.
- Next place the medium heart above it.
- Finally put the cheese heart on top.
Now your Multi-Layered Heart Mini Bite is ready!
The simple procedure is:
- Curve out a heart shaped hollow from the center of a brown bread.
- Spread butter on the curved out brown bread slice.
- Put a frying pan on heat.
- Place the buttered side facing the heat.
- Fry it for sometime before taking it out of the frying pan.
- The fried side will turn crispy reddish brown in color.
- Break an egg.
- Separate egg white from egg yolk.
- Again put the frying pan on heat.
- Place the curved bread on the frying pan with the crispy reddish brown side facing up.
- Now carefully pour the required amount of egg white in the hollow of bread.
- Fry the bread for few minutes before taking it out of the pan with the help of tongs.
- Place it on a plate. Sprinkle your desired seasoning on top of it.
Your very own Pure Heart Mini Bite is ready!
The procedure follows:
- Curve out a heart shape from a brown bread.
- Now butter the curved out bread slice.
- In a heated frying pan place the buttered bread facing the heat.
- Remove the bread from the heat after few minutes.
- The buttered side will appear crispy reddish brown.
- Now break an egg carefully and separate egg white from egg yolk.
- Again place the curved bread on the heat with the crispy side facing up.
- Carefully spread the egg yolk in the hollow of the bread and fry the bread for few minutes before taking it out of the heat,
- Now place the bread on a plate. Decorate it with tomato sauce, white pepper and other seasoning as shown in the picture above and serve.
Your own Gold Heart Mini Bite is ready!
Which is your favorite V-Day Mini Bite?
If you feel you cannot properly curve out a heart shape from a bread with a knife then you can use
- a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- draw a heart shape on a piece of cardboard, cut the cardboard in that shape and use it as a stencil to cut out hearts from the bread.
Check out my V-Day Special Cake Recipe
- How to Make the Easiest Valentine's Day Chocolate Cake
This yummilicious finger-licking chocolate cake is sure to win the heart of your soulmate.
© 2014 Deblina Banerjee