- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Common Holidays
Love Quotes and Romantic Gift Ideas
Great Love Quotations and More!
Looking for loving quotes & gift ideas for your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, crush or sweetheart? All the words you need to show your love are on this page!
These quotes and sayings also work great in scrapbooks, cards, and love letters.
Image: Forever Yours! by Bobbi Jones Jones
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
~ Sam Keen
Quotations About Love for Cards, Scrapbooking, Love Letters, etc.
Sometimes we need just the right words to express our feelings toward the ones for which we care.
Here are some lovely and loving words to share with a boyfriend, husband,girlfriend, wife, or secret love. Add them to love letters, anniversary gifts, birthday gifts, presents for no reason but because you are madly in love!
- "True love doesn't come to you, it has to be inside you." - Julia Roberts, American Actress, b.1967
- "Life is the flower for which love is the honey." - Victor Hugo
- "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." - Morrie Schwartz
- "Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." - Robert Heinlein, American science-fiction writer (1907-1988)
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven" - Karen Sunde
- "Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear." - John Lennon, English Singer, Songwriter and Political activist, member of the "Beatles", (1940-1980)
- "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss, American Writer and Cartoonist best known for his collection of children's books. (1904-1991)
- "If I know what love is, it is because of you." - Herman Hesse
- "Love and joy are twins, or born of each other." - William Hazlitt (1778-1830)
- The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. - Emily Dickinson
- "Come live with me and be my love, and we will all the pleasures prove. That valleys, groves, hills, and fields, woods or steepy mountain yields." - Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593)
"Love is all you need."
- Sir Paul McCartney, English Musician and Singer and songwriter, member of the "Beatles" b.1942
LOVE POLL! - Give your opinion!
What is your favorite kind of date (or idea of a favorite date)?
"Love must be learned, and learned again; there is no end to it."
~ Katherine Anne Porter (1890-1980)
Sweet Love Quotes and Ideas for Sharing Quotations
On any day of the year, surprise your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, sweetheart, friends, or family with thoughtful gifts or cards the say how you feel.
Quotes About Life and Love
- Love is not finding someone to live with, It's finding someone you can't live without. - Rafael Ortiz
- You may conquer with the sword, but you are conquered by a kiss. - Daniel Heinsius
- Where there is love, there is life - Mahatma Gandhi
- There is no remedy for love but to love more. - Thoreau
- Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever. - Unknown
- If music be the food of love, play on. - Shakespeare
- It's never too late to fall in love. - Sandy Wilson
- To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven. - Karen Sunde
- If love is great, and there are no greater things, then what I feel for you must be the greatest. - Unknown
- Where there is great love, there are always miracles. - Willa Cather
How to Use Quotations, Loving Words, and Sayings
- Write love notes on small pieces of paper and hide them in places your loved one will find them throughout the day.
- Write quotes and conversation heart words like "luv you" and "you're cute" on approximately 6" construction paper hearts. Glue to craft sticks and then sneak around to stick them all over the yard of someone you love or like to give them a "heart attack."
- Cut large hearts out of colored paper and tape them up all over the house.
- Make lovely handmade cards using creative scrapbooking materials and quotes.
- Write loving words on white boards, chalkboards or even on windows with window paint.
- Buy one perfect red rose and attach a simple quote on a small card.
Excerpt from an article by © Janienne Jennrich (aka JJNW)
First published by Suite101 on Jan 12, 2008
Who do you love?
If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you've made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand.
~ Author Unknown
Fun and Funny Valentine Quotes
"Valentine's Day is when a lot of married men are reminded what a poor shot Cupid really is." ~Unknown
"Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love." ~Albert Einstein
"Today is Valentine's Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion day." ~Jay Leno
"Sales ad at a store: 'You are my one and only' Valentine's cards, now on sale: 4 for $5." ~Unknown
"Never go to bed mad -- stay up and fight." ~Phyllis Diller
"The Eskimos have 52 words for snow because it is so special to them; there ought to be as many for love." ~Margaret Atwood
"Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife." ~Groucho Marx
"If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?" ~Lily Tomlin
Funny Ideas for Valentine's Day Cards Puns
Great for Scrapbookers and Card-Makers
Making Homemade Valentine Cards? Here are some Funny Punny ideas from my sister (our family has a tradition of sending silly and funny home crafted cards)...
YOU supply the artwork or item to go along with the Joke Words!
Here are funny things to write in or on Valentine's Day Cards:
Balloon: My heart's bursting for you. Be my Valentine!
Match: We make quite a match, Valentine.
Puzzle piece: You complete the puzzle. Be my Valentine.
Rubber band: I'll be flexible for you, Valentine--Be Mine.
Bear: I can't bear to be without you, Valentine
Candy: You're sweet, Valentine!
Eraser: No mistake, your mine, Valentine!
Candle: You're the light in my life, Be Mine!
Square: Don't be square. Be my Valentine.
Star: You're the star! Be mine!
Sports Ball: The ball is in your court, Valentine. Be Mine?
Apple: You're the apple of my eye, Valentine!
AND our family's corny favorite:
"My heart PANTS for you"