- Holidays and Celebrations»
What Presents should I buy for Christmas?
Stress NOT My Friends...
Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Not only do you get to spend time with your family to reconnect, but you also get to decorate and be creative with your gift choices. Oh man, but can this be a daunting task! If you have a large family like mine and have a full range in ages, you are in for the long haul. To my advantage though and as my first hint for you, I have most of my close family and friends connected to me through social media sites. If you do also this will allow you to get some more insight into their lives, you know, if it's been awhile since you've hung out our seen one another.
As an example of things to look for... their favorite sports team, or music they like, do they use Pandora (internet radio) or mainly buy music on iTunes? Check out their likes page if they have a Facebook account to get an idea of the things they enjoy. Get a feel for their interests.
I have plenty more ideas.... continue scrolling and check them out! ENJOY!
Gifts for Mom...Click thumbnail to view full-size
Presents For Mom
Your mom, the amazing woman that brought you into this world. You could never repay her for that sacrifice but you can reward her. Here is how.
- I have come across the website Www.Groupon.com and it is amazing. They have many different type of deals for restaurant dining or coupons for massages. The upside is, that you can give the coupon as a gift... and set up the appointments. Ooh, doesn't that sound nice already. Giving your mom the gift of relaxation and some pampering spa time.
- If she's not that kind of gal. Jewelry of some kind is always a nice gift. This will be a more expensive type of gift, but none the less always a goody. Either a nice necklace, some great earrings or even a beautiful ring could easily do the trick. To aid you in your search, remember that if you don't have the luxurious funds some others might, don't stress. Jared's has an amazing selection in the $50-$100 range. They also have a great credit card set up if you want something fancier. Just remember you will have to pay your bill later, so please be responsible in your purchases. Choose what you can afford.
- Next up, perhaps getting her something for the house. Some good smelling candles, or a decorative piece you know she wants. If you are unsure with the décor of the house and what she likes, then walk away from this idea. The last thing you want is for her to have a completely different vision for her home than what you have.
- How about a nice dress or sweater. Possibly a pair of shoes, that are just so your mom's style.
Gifts for Dad...
Presents for Dad
Good 'ol dad!
- For the outdoorsy kind of man, some camping equipment or hunting gear is a great idea. For example, a new hunting jacket, or steel toed boots. Perhaps a rifle or gun, maybe a new hunting knife, or army knife. Dad's love their tools!
- Does your dad love music or play an instrument? Maybe an iTunes gift card or an old record they love can be a nice gift. An IPod can be a great gift if they don't already have one. This way they always have their music with them.
- For the technically savvy dad, a new tablet or TV would be awesome. If they live in another state, a webcam can be useful and allow you to connect with one another more often. A laptop or smartphone is another idea.
- Need more? A new leather jacket, or customized wallet, a framed photo of you and your dad back in the day! Does your dad collect things? Maybe a new item to add to their collection.
- Happy shopping!
Have some fun...
What is your favorite part of the Holidays?
Gifts for the Gal's!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Presents for Teen Girls
Teen girl gifts are probably the easiest in my opinion. There are just so many options for you to choose from! Which is awesome for the holidays.
- Nail polish in a variety of colors
- Accessories (hair ties, hair brushes, hats, earrings, necklaces, rings)
- Sports clothing or shoes
- Customized Nike socks
- Customized Jordan's (shoes)
- If she is an athlete, maybe some protein or vitamins
- Electronics (TV, tablets, laptop, iPod, smartphone)
The following sites I have personally ordered from and love. They have great variety and amazing online deals. Definitely worth looking at.
- A great site is www.zulily.com but order early from here. It may take awhile for your items to ship. This site has a great selection for plus sizes also! I love it.
- If you go to the website Www.lightinthebox.com and click on the "Today's Deal" they always have some great stuff for sale. I bought a super cute tote bag to hold my books for college and it was only $6.00. It was made with a sturdy material and can handle the weight of all my books!
Gifts for the guys!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Presents for Teen Boys
Here are some great ideas for teen boys. Sometimes they can be the hardest to shop for in my opinion. What do they like? Are they sporty, fashion forward, layer back? You have to kind of figure it by talking to their parents. But for a total surprise... try these present ideas.
- Customized Nike socks (their website allows you to customize them however you would like)
- Beanies or hoodies from Zumies or some other skateboarding store, (If you know their favorite brands go with that)
- Coats or sweaters from Express
- Beats headphones or the pill speaker set. You can purchase these at Best Buy.
- Any other type of electronics... such as smart phones, laptops, tablets, TV's, a new game console like the new Xbox one, or PlayStation system.
- If they like to workout, try and find out where they shop for protein and their workout gear, I'm sure they would appreciate a gift card in this circumstance, because for the most part quality protein is expensive.
- Shoes! Are they into Nike brands or Jordans??? Also expensive but who doesn't love new shoes.
- Lastly, if you have run out of options and ideas and still have come up with nothing. Giving money to let them get whatever they want is always an option for your last resort.
© 2013 Crystals-view