- Holidays and Celebrations»
Recycle and Reuse-An easy to make, fun decoration you can make out of old 35mm Film Canisters
- 1 Film or Small Canister with Lid
- Loose sparkly sequins, about pencil eraser size (purchased from any craft store)
- Household Glue
- Pretty Ribbon (approximately 6" for each ornament)
- Sharp scissors or knife with a pointed tip (adults only please)
Project: Sparkling Christmas Tree Ornament
- Pull off the canister cover and poke a hole in the center of the cover, just big enough to get the ribbon through.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 6" (enough to double in half) long. From the outside of the cover thread the two ends through to the inside and knot them securely. This will form the ribbon loop to hang from your Christmas tree branch.
- Put a small bead of glue around the inside of the cover and snap the cover back on. You should now have a canister with a ribbon loop coming out of the center of the cap.
- Using a glue gun or preferred type of adhesive, glue sequins all over the sides, cap, and bottom. Hang it up if you can, while you are gluing, it makes the job easier.
- Let your sparkly creation hang until completely dry.
Your tree decoration will hang on your tree, sparkling and catching the colors of your lights and other ornaments.