- Holidays and Celebrations»
10+ Awesome White Elephant Gift Party Ideas for Christmas 2018
Finding the right gift is the key to being sure that your white elephant gift party is a success. Below check out my list of the 10 best gift ideas!
It's my favorite party every year.
Around the holidays, my wife and I hold a friendly white elephant gift exchange or Yankee Swap party. Each year, the party and gifts are rowdier than the year before. In year's past, we've seen live goldfish, enormous Superman underwear, secondhand lingerie, live chickens, a Shave With Me Barbie, and other unmentionables.
Funny and Unique White Elephant Gag Gift Ideas for Christmas 2018
A white elephant gift is usually a gift that is funny, creative, and the best ones are even a little bit inappropriate or irreverent. Price restrictions are often placed on the gifts—usually no more than $25 per gift. Couples generally bring two gifts.
This year, the best gifts given out were a Walmartians Calendar and a Shave With Me Barbie. I'll explain how to make these homemade white elephant gifts and give you some other ideas for your party below.
1. Silly Glenda Glitterpoop
You've been raised to think that unicorns are always nice—and most of them are.
However, there are many that have a deep dark side. Meet . One minute she looks at you with her pouty blue eyes and the next she pulls out her mean pointy teeth and angry eyebrows. It's enough to make a grown troll cry! Glenda Glitterpoop
This hilarious toy from Feisty Pets is the most popular of several that they have available. The stuffed animal is around 8.5" tall and its face goes from cute and pouty to intense and angry with a simple squeeze.
2. That's What She Said Button
I couldn't help but laugh out loud when I saw this. The That's What She Said Button is probably my best-selling item this year. Michael Scott has said it in so many ways and you have, too. Enjoy! Also see the Dwight Bobblehead for a great white elephant combo gift!
3. Reindeer & Santa Claus Pooper Candy Dispensers
The and Santa Claus Candy Dispensers are always good for a laugh. The reindeer dispenser fits right into what I tell my kids each year about Santa's reindeer—the darn things keep pooping on my lawn! It's part of the "proof" that Santa has come when they leave behind "raisin poop" on the front lawn. Reindeer
4. Flingshot Toys Flying Chicken
The chicken makes a rooster-crowing sound as you fling it across the room.
Also available: Flingshot flying monkey, pig, cow, frog, and duck—each with their own hilarious sounds. You can find all of them on the "customers who bought this item also bought" portion of the bottom part of the Amazon page.
5. Emergency Underpants
Many of your friends pretend that they're not getting older, but you know better.
Small, convenient, inexpensive, and admittedly uncomfortable, these spare undies give you some backup when you're no longer "backed up". Best of all, they are one size fits all. So, they can fit even the biggest of friends.
6. Bacon-Scented Car Air Freshener
This bacon-scented car air freshener smells better and is more sanitary than that uneaten sandwich left undiscovered underneath your passenger seat.
Need something to spice up your marriage? Try some bacon-flavored mints and soap to woo your bacon lover. This could be the best white elephant gift you give out!
7. Instant Excuse Ball
Rather than those old sketchy 8-balls, why not get your excuse-ridden partner an Instant Excuse Ball instead?
20 legitimate excuses included!
Also great for that irresponsible teenager of yours!
8. Instant Irish Accent Breath Spray
Your wife is always making fun of your ability to do your British, French, and German accents. Now, you can genuinely surprise her with a perfect Irish Accent.
Simply spray this Irish accent spray and "POOF" you're talkin' with an Irish accent! Your friends will be amazed!
9. Senior Moments Board Game
Senior Moments Board Game: For that over-the-hill senior in your life, why not give them a gift that they'll remember forever?
Other good ideas: Over-the-hill survival kit and coffin gift box, and over-the-hill "you are aging" breath spray.
The Rules Are Simple:
- 6+ party attendees bring a gift to exchange.
- Everyone gets in a circle and someone is chosen to open the first gift.
- The others take turns opening gifts, going around the circle in a clockwise motion. If someone wants someone else's gift, they can steal theirs instead of unwrapping a new one.
- The person whose gift was stolen then has to select another gift from the middle or steal someone else's gift.
- The gift-opening continues with the person to the left of whoever stole the gift. The game ends when all of the gifts have been opened.
Optional Gift Exchange Ideas
- Gifts can only be stolen 2-3 times so that it doesn't get redundant. Once it has been gifted 2-3 times that gift is then "locked" or "dead".
- Prizes can be given out to the best or funniest white elephant exchange/Yankee Swap gift.
- Wear what you get!
Homemade White Elephant Gift Ideas!
Homemade white elephant gift ideas are the best and funniest around! Here are a few that I've enjoyed over the years.
1. Walmartians Calendar: This was the best white elephant gift idea of our party last year! Have you ever received a forward about the Walmartians? My wife and I made this great Walmartians Calendar out of a few Walmartians pictures we found online. Here are a couple of great pictures from it!
2. Shave With Me Barbie: Here's what you need: some Super Glue, a Barbie, scissors, some of your own hair, and a little time. Take the Barbie out of the box and make sure not to damage the box in the process. Then, cut a little bit of Barbie's hair off the back of her head. Take some some super glue and put it on her legs and armpits. Quickly place some of your hair on her legs and armpits. Stick her back in the box with the label "Shave With Me Barbie" on the inside of the box. When this gift was given away at our party it also included a razor. This was one of the best white elephant gifts of last year's party!
Other Awesome White Elephant Exchange and Gag Gift Ideas
If you like this article, please check out my 10 best gag gifts for men article too! All of these are really good gag gifts!
You can also hold a bacon-themed White Elephant Gift Exchange or Yankee Swap Party. I've written an article on my favorite bacon accessories and t-shirts as well!
Leave Your Ideas Below!
I will pretty much accept any comments/ideas anyone has for gag gifts below! Make sure to leave your best gift ideas, jokes, and prank ideas!
If you like my article and think I posted some good ideas, then please help me out—vote it up and leave a comment.
Games to Play and Give Away at Your White Elephant Gift Party
What's a white elephant party without a few awesome games? We have two games that we like to play each year and if you are hosting a party, they are incredibly cheap and also make great prize giveaways!
Boxers or Briefs: You will laugh so hard when you play this game! You roll the dice. Then whoever rolled it is the subject of everyone else's cards. Pick some boxes or briefs terms that describe whoever is it.
White Lies: Can you tell who is telling the truth and who is lying? Whoever can first, wins! Since everyone is already in the circle from the white elephant gift exchange, this is the perfect game to play afterward.
Party Gift Suggestions—A Bad Christmas Sweater Theme
At our white elephant gift exchange, we always do an ugly sweater contest.
Category Ideas for Your Ugly Sweater Contest:
1. Ugliest sweater
2. Most Christmas Spirit
3. Funniest Sweater
4. Tightest Sweater
5. Best Homemade Sweater
Winning Sweater Pattern
Try to Top This Great White Elephant Gift
© 2010 brandonhart100