- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Yoda, I am....
Expanding on our Star Wars theme, here is a Yoda marshmallow that followed the R2D2 marshmallow into battle......
I made two versions - I like the one at the top better. The one on the bottom creeps me out a little bit, but my son liked both.
Marshmallows (the bigger the easier to work with, they are)
scissors and knife
food coloring, gels, sprinkles
wax paper, napkins, soap, water
1. Cut one marshmallow in half. If you like, you can roll it in a ball of food coloring on wax paper until it is the color you want. I used yellow for Yoda's cloak. It came out ok.
2. Cut two slices off of the other half of the marshmallow for the ears. Use the 1/4 left for the head. Trim the head piece to be rounded (exposing the stickiness underneath).
3. For the ear slices and head, roll the sticky side in green sprinkles or green sugar, or, if you want a brighter color, use green food coloring. Depending on the color you want, use dark green (as in my creepy Yoda), or neon green. It will be messy if you are using food coloring, so place a few drops of food coloring on the wax paper and roll the marshmallow in that. Wash hands often, or they will be green!
4. Attach the head to the body. Put a toothpick through the ears and attach through the head and body.
5. Add eyes, using black food coloring or chocolate chips. For a mouth, you can use licorice, food coloring, or other food items.