Zombie Themed Party
How to Throw a Zombie Party
A zombie themed party can be the ultimate party theme, whether for a birthday, Halloween, a stag night or just a fun party.
This theme is perfect for a Sunday party after you have been to several parties over the weekend. This is the only party where you do not need to look fresh and pretty. You are supposed to be dead, therefore stiff in the joints and with your flesh saggy and pasty. So you will be perfect even if you have a two day hangover!
Zombies can be sexy too!!!
Zombie Dress Code or How to Dress Your Un-dead Body:
Everybody must play the game and be dressed as a zombie. There are several zombie models to choose from:
1) The green zombie, think Herman Munster.
2) The sexy zombie, think pin-up girl converted to zombie. For this look you can choose your favourite dead movie star and bring her back from the dead. You can dress sexy and just add a few zombie touches like a “zombie bite” on your head or stomach or you can buy a sexy zombie costume like the black dress with white polka dots I got from Halloween Costumes (photo on the right) a traditional 50’s style dress with a shredded appearance, spattered with blood stains with a bloody petticoat included.
3) The rotting zombie. A bit more complex to achieve, you will need lots of disgusting accessories like guts, worms, pus oozing from your wounds and a good dose of bad smell that you can achieve dipping your clothes on food and leaving it to dry in the sun.
4) The ready made zombie costume, the easiest option as you can find a broad option of zombie costumes for all sizes and prices for sale. I would personally recommend Halloweencostumes.com as they deliver worldwide and offer an excellent rapport/quality price which means that unlike most Halloween costumes on the market you can wear these ones again and again at different parties. Halloween costumes have everything you will need for a zombie party; from zombie costumes to zombie decorations and props like zombie intestines, body parts purses, bloody cleavers, make up kits, theatrical blood and masks.
Zombie Make Up
Zombies Make up, Guts and Effects
Zombie party decorations
Zombie Party Decorations
I like zombie parties as they require little decoration. I don’t even need to worry about having a spotless house before the party!
Scare your guests before they have even entered your house. There are some ready made decorations that you can add to your garden like tombstones or the un-dead body coming off the ground that you can buy from Amazon. A fog machine is also very effective to create ambiance.
Inside the house, more important than decoration is the scene setting. Dim the lights, use candle lights wherever possible and low voltage lights for the rest of the house.
You can use online gravestone generators to print gravestones and attach them to your front door, windows or mirrors. It is also a good idea to stick zombie faces into your mirrors.
If you have a big TV screen, leave it on all night silently playing zombie films.
Add ambiance noise to small rooms like the toilet or bathroom. You will only need a small CD player with a scary soundtrack. I would choose the Resident Evil main theme by Marilyn Manson. Just hide your CD player so the guests don’t see it and keep the sound going all night long.
There is no better cocktail for a zombie themed party than a zombie cocktail. Not only does the name go with your theme, but the effect of the cocktail will transform your guests into zombies.
How To Make A Flaming Zombie Cocktail
Zombie food is one of the easiest ones to get. Just call for a take away and eat the delivery boy !!!
Seriously, if you don’t
feel like eating the delivery boy, you can always offer a buffet of cold meats
to your guests. Add “fresh flesh” signs
pointing to the buffet table. Some meats
that you can use for fresh flesh are long cuts of hams, smoked fish, roast beef
(French style, slightly bloody) and even beef tartare (raw marinated beef). If you are adventurous you might also like to try some haggis!
For a sweet table you can have trays of jelly brains, strawberry ice-cream, bowls of raspberry coulis and strawberry soup.
Some Of The Food I Made For My Zombie Party
How to make a Zombie cake
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams
Marilyn Manson is great for these type of bashes. Remember zombies don’t dance the conga! Choose zombie themed music; songs that you can dance at a zombie pace.
Marilyn Manson - This is halloween
- 5K Obstacle Course Zombie Race - Run For Your Lives
Run For Your Lives is an apocalyptic 5Km obstacle race. You will run not just against the clock — you will run from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, bloody zombies.
It you are having a zombie night outside of Halloween, remember to warn your neighbours you don’t want your guests scaring them to death!!!!
More parties and sexy halloween costumes:
- Sexy halloween party
Every year I throw a big Halloween party, not only to celebrate Halloween but also celebrating Samhain and the Celtic New Year. Last year our party was a great success, we had lots of witches, the Hulk,...
- Sexy plus size Halloween costumes. Where to buy Plus Size Halloween Costumes
Tips on buying a plus size halloween costume. Who said you need to dress as a pumpkin if you are over a size 14? Now you can be a sexy kitten, a prom Queen, a naughty pirate or a seductive witch even if you wear a plus size.
Zombie Pin Up girls ideas
© 2009 Wendy Iturrizaga