Reasons Why People Should Be Thankful: The Benefits of Being Grateful
A person who is always thankful is optimistic. This person will always see positive side of things even if it doesn’t look so in the present. It does not mean the person is ignoring the situation at present is not good. The fact is this person knows this situation will not go on like this for ever. It is bound to change. Since an optimist sees the bright side of things he/she will do something in order to realize his optimism. This indicates an optimist is a
2. Problem Solver
People who are grateful are problem solvers. They will not spend much of their time complaining and murmuring. If you spend much of your time complaining and murmuring you will be blinded to the extent you will not be in a position to see there is a solution to every problem encountered. More so, if you continue entertaining this behavior, you will be stuck in the problem and will never get out of it. Additionally, you will be crippled emotionally as you will not be able to solve your problems or face challenges.
When a person is hopeful the person has expectation something good is going to happen. Despite the current situation the person knows without a doubt it is not going to be so for a long time. Optimism, hope and faith are all interlinked as they mean same thing. A person who is grateful is optimist meaning he is hopeful meaning he has faith which indicates he has firm belief he can make it. A person who has faith means he puts into action what he believes in order to realize what he hopes for.
Grateful people are healthy psychologically, physically and spiritually. In today’s world there are a lot of challenges which leads to high levels of stress. Then, what happens? People begin developing various illnesses in the above three aspects. You will find people mounting negative emotions and developing various physical and emotional illnesses. A person who is thankful will have less stress, less worries meaning the person will have positive mentality. A positive mentality is the key to a brighter future. Change your thinking you change the situation if you begin appreciating the little things in your life.
Thankful people attract others in their lives. You sure do know smiles are contagious. Try smiling at someone and see whether that person won’t return back the favor. Grateful people are contagious. People are attracted to them as they wonder why they are always happy and at ease with life. It doesn’t mean grateful people are not undergoing stressful times. It means despite what they are going through they have decided to be thankful for being alive, breathing, healthy…and that the situation is not going to endure for long; it will come to an end very soon. When you attract other people you are offering them hope that seasons do change. The seasons are not going to stay on for a lifetime.
6. Large Circle Of Friends
When you attract people you will have a large circle of friends. People tend to be close to those who can influence them in a positive way. This is because they will offer hope by devising solutions to the problems people are going through. A thankful person’s ‘eyes’ are not veiled he/she cannot see ahead. Grateful people see ahead thereby they end up having the tools to solve the problem that has presented itself before them. Thankful people act as a magnet. It is hard not to be attracted to them.
People who are grateful will always be happy. Happiness depends on a situation. If the situation is not good there is no way a person will be happy. Nevertheless, you can be happy even in bad situations. It is how you decide to view the situation. Yes, you may get discouraged. True, you will feel sad. Yes, you will become stressed. But, after sometime if you purpose to be thankful you will end up happy. If you end up happy you will become strong of mind and purpose. You will be focused. Also remember a happy person is a healthy person.
8. Strong Emotions
Thankful people are always strong emotionally. Yes, a bad situation will make them experience negative emotions but not for long. This indicates a person with strong emotions is a person who can conquer the challenges he faces including his fears. A person with strong emotions will live a healthy life because he has positive mentality. He will not be affected by a situation to the point of the negative emotions taking over and controlling his life. No, by being thankful they will be able to take control of the negative emotions and replace them with the good ones.
9. Improves Personality
If we want to be successful in life we must change our behaviors. Not so much to please others but first of all for our benefit. A grateful person is a charming person. He is optimistic. He is a kind and caring person. He is understanding and ready to listen to others, the reason why he is attractive.
10. Good Night Sleep
People who are stressed or are always murmuring and complaining usually don’t have a good night sleep or rest. There is no way you will have a nice sleep when your thoughts aren’t peaceful. If the bad thoughts keep bombarding your head, you will end up having an uncomfortable sleep. Before you go to bed be thankful. There are a lot of things to be thankful for. Don’t be deprived of good sleep because of being unthankful. Have a nice sleep, wake up in the morning refreshed then you will have a clear mind to solve the problems you are experiencing.
GRATEFUL: A Love Song to the World | Empty Hands Music
A person who is thankful is able to uplift the spirits of others. He is in a good position in instilling hope in others. He is able to advise, guide or direct them. He is in a good position in offering hope for those who feel their future is bleak.
Quotes On Being Thankful
I hope these quotes will reinforce the importance of being thankful in whatever situation you are undergoing.
1. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have is enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. (Melody Beattie)
2. When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. (Tecumsel)
3. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. (Meister Beattie)
4. If the only prayer you ever say your entire life is thank you, it will be enough. (Meiter Eckhart)
5. Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. (Oprah Winfrey)
6. Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. (Ralph Marston)
7. I’m just thankful for everything, all the blessings in my life, trying to stay that way. I think that’s the best way to start your day and finish your day. It keeps everything in perspective. (Tim Tebow)
9. Joy is the simple form of gratitude. (Karl Barth)
9. ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. (Alice Walker)
10. Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. (John Milton)