- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Unofficial Holidays
50 Things to Do on Be An Angel Day
A Day to Shower Blessings
What would you do if you could be an angel for just one day? You may say, "But Hey, I couldn't ever be one."
Well, in a sense you can.
On August 22nd of every year you can by taking
part in "National Be An Angel Day."
Its purpose is to encourage people to perform acts of kindness and to help those in need. There are several ways this can be done in assisting someone physically, mentally or spiritually.
As God uses His angels to assist us, we are given many opportunities to help others if we would only follow the direction from the Lord.
We never know if we can make a difference in the lives of others unless we try. When we begin doing good things for others, it nourishes and refreshes our own lives and in turn the blessing comes back to us.
Step out of your comfort zone and take time today to be an angel to someone. Then don't stop there, be a blessing to someone everyday.
If you want to receive blessings, you have to be a blessing.
Photo by Amazon. See below for details.
Copyrighted Material by Favored1. Do not copy.
Photo credit by Favored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License. When used: Animation by www.glitter-graphics.com, www.picgifts.com, www.photobucket.com and www.animateit.net
Have an attitude of gratitude.
The lack of gratitude
affects & effects everyone.
A is for Angel
Lord, Make me an instrument of Thy Peace.
Be An Angel Day was created by Jayne Howard Feldman in 1993
Visit Jayne's Website.
As you read listen to music video #1 ~ Blessings ~ by Laura Story.
There is Praise in Blessings - Every blessing You pour out Lord, I will turn back to praise!
Laura Story Blessings (lyrics)
The Story Behind "Blessings" - Laura Story at WGTS Gateway
Blessed Be Your Name - Tree63
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing with Lyrics Chris Rice
Laura Story - Blessings (lyrics)
The Story Behind "Blessings" - Laura Story
Blessed Be Your Name by Tree63
Is there a roof above you, food on your plate or shoes on your feet? Friend, then you are blessed.
Things You Can Do To Bless Someone on Be An Angel Day
Bake An Angel Food Cake or Cookies
How to make an angel food cake.
Angel Food Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com
Chocolate Angel Food Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joyofbaking.com
How to Make an Angel Food Cake
How to Make Angel Food Cake from Scratch
How to make Lemon Filled Angel Food Cake By Crumb Boss
Angel Food Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joy of Baking
Chocolate Angel Food Cake Recipe Demonstration - Joy of Food
How to Make an Angel Food Cake
How to Make Angel Food Cake from Scratch
Wilton Singles Cake Pan
Single serve angel cake mold.
Angel pan size 4.75" tall .
Angel Cookie Cutters, Cake Pans
Cookie cutter and recipe card.
Send A Card or Volunteer
Send A Card
Click on card
A word of encouragement at the right time can make a world of difference.
Sometimes it's hard to tell someone face-to-face just how much they mean to you. Try jotting down a few words to let someone know that you really appreciate them and their friendship.
Or write a note of appreciation to someone in the service and tell them that they are valued. The main thing is to let people know that you haven't taken them for granted, and that they matter to you.
Photo by http://www.123greetings.com/events/be_an_angel_day/angel41.html
What about our soldiers?
Soldier's Angels ~ A Volunteer Organization
"May No Soldier Go Unloved," is the base of the organization Soldiers' Angels. It is a group of volunteers who work hard to make sure every soldier knows he/she is cared for as well as their families and veteran soldiers. They have a list of projects in which anyone can participate to bring this project into its fullness.
Team volunteers work on projects such as:
Adopt-a-soldier, card angels, angel bakers, blankets, letter writing, birthday cakes, operation phone home, wounded care and many more. See where you fit in and volunteer today.
Teams & Projects for Angel Volunteers List of what you can do to help:
Photo credit: Soldier's Angels
Say A Prayer of Blessing
Prayer Angel Photo Holder
People love photos, so why not give a favorite photo of a pet or loved one.
Porcelain angel kneels in a praying position to serve as an inspirational reminder. Angel's hands are slotted to hold a cherished photo. Holds cards from weddings, anniversaries, graduations, baptism, birthdays or any day. Includes sentiment card and gift box.
Psalm 91 Gift Ideas ~ Angels Watch Over You
God Orders Angels to Protect You.
Read Psalm 91
The spirit of gratitude or the lack of it can affect & effect a nation.
Tell someone the difference they have made in your life.
Friendship Angel - Friendship Angel for details
Little Things Mean A Lot Friendship Angel
Psalm 91 Gift Basket
Giving a gift basket is great for any time, but giving one on Be An Angel Day is a wonderful way to show someone how much you care.
Words of Encouragement in A Basket
Angel Wings Fine Art Print / Poster
Beautiful angel poster by Lavarne Ross is suitable for framing.
50 Ways to Be A Blessing
50 Angel-like ideas you can do on this day ... and any day.
At some pont in my life I have been able to do each one of these suggestions. Not because I'm so wonderful, but because someone in my life had already blessed me with these acts of kindness. I learned to be kind to others from the examples that have gone before me. What about you? Have you done any of these? What acts of kindness can you add to this list?
- Send a thank you card that is long overdue.
- Try becoming a repair-person for a day by fixing little broken things for an elderly person or neighbor. Hey, you can go as far as fixing something your spouse has asked you to fix for years.
- Pick up the litter on your street.
- Go out of your way to thank your boss for their kindness and for giving you a job.
- Read the newspaper to someone in a senior center or nursing home. (I began doing this when I was a teen.)
- Take a senior to the grocery store or doctor's appointment.
- Visit someone's web page and leave a nice comment. Facebook or Tweet it while you're there.
- Donate a book to the local library or church library.
- Give a toy to a child in the hospital.
- Pray for someone you don't know.
- Mail a book of stamps to a college student in a gift box.
- Call or visit a family member you haven't seen in a while.
- Invite an exchange student over for dinner.
- Make a meal for a new neighbor or church member.
- Take food to a food bank.
- Donate toys, blankets, coats, food and clothes to a homeless shelter.
- Visit a veteran's hospital and bring a gift.
- Inquire at the nursing home about a person who hasn't had any visitors.
- Send a soldier a card or letter with a pre-paid phone card.
- Send someone who loves pets a funny photo of something your pet did and share the story.
- Send money to someone in need, anonymously. You'll never know how good this feels unless you try it.
- Make a CD or DVD of your family's favorite songs with photographs. This is something that will mean a lot.
- Give someone a musical card.
- Volunteer to clean the church, a senior's house or yard.
- Give money to a pet shelter and volunteer.
- Donate toys, food and money to an animal shelter.
- Offer to run an errand for someone.
- Take your neighbor to lunch.
- Give a delivery person a bottle of water.
- Volunteer to weed someone's yard, rake leaves, mow the lawn or trim some branches.
- Pay a bill for someone anonymously.
- Take a walk with someone in a park.
- Pay for the person who is behind you at a toll booth.
- Make a car payment for someone.
- Bake mini angel food cakes and give them out throughout the day.
- Go sing to patients in a nursing home.
- Carpool with a co-worker to free up a vehicle for a spouse.
- Bake some cookies for your local police officers or firemen and drop them off at the station.
- Give someone a pre-paid gas card.
- Volunteer to play with the pets at the animal shelter for a few hours.
- Volunteer at a food bank.
- Serve at a food kitchen for the homeless and needy.
- Plant a tree in a city park (get permission first).
- Volunteer to be a teacher's aide.
- Take out the garbage cans to the curb for a senior.
- Buy a senior some flowers.
- Volunteer to baby sit.
- Bake some cookies with a friend.
- Color with a friend.
- Give the mail carrier a gift card to a local restaurant.
We are greatly blessed,
imperfect but forgiven,
children of God.
Draw or Color Your GIft
Photo credit by http://www.picgifs.com/coloring-pages/christmas/6334/christmas-coloring-pages-22/
Photo credit by http://media.photobucket.com/image/angel%20pray/kyt_tinne/pray_Full.jpg?o=16
Photo Credit: http://freecoloringpagesite.com/14-christmas-pictures-coloring-pages.html/Christmas-pictures-coloring-5
Photo credit: http://www.picgifs.com/coloring-pages/christmas-angel/5985/christmas-angel-coloring-pages-5/
Photo Credit by: http://freecoloringpagesite.com/
Phot credit: http://www.picgifs.com/coloring-pages/christmas-angel/5997/christmas-angel-coloring-pages-10/
Photo credit: Photo credit: http://www.picgifs.com/coloring-pages/christmas-angel/5983/christmas-angel-coloring-pages-21/
Free Angel Coloring Pages: Click on link to print out page. - Have children color a page and give it to a friend or neighbor.
Count Your Blessings ~ Gratitude is Contagious!
Count Your Blessings ~ They're All Around You - If you want to receive blessings, you have to be a blessing. Sung with all the verses.
Count Your Blessings - Short version of the blessed hymn.
Guy sings this blessing song.
Be An Angel Day Challenge: What will you do?
Will you be an angel for a day? Here are what some people said they would do on "Be An Angel Day."
This is what I'll do.
justramblin 4 years ago You have lots of great suggestions. I think if you are willing to be a blessing to others, it's easy to find things to do. And it always comes back many fold, don't you think? We're blessed to be a blessing. Thanks for the reminder.
anonymous 4 years ago You are an Angel! This is an awesome article.
Loretta Livingstone 4 years ago from Chilterns, UK. I try to be a blessing to others, because I want to show God's love to them. I believe He wants people to be able to see His love through our behavior.
Glenda Motsavage 4 years ago from The Sunshine State It brings me great joy to do "random acts of kindness" all year long! Incredible lens...I was blessed reading it!
Mamabyrd 4 years ago I haven't applied to be a squid angel yet but I look forward to blessing amazing lenses. I also hope that I am an angel in the lives of my children every day.
lesliejulia 4 years ago If I could be an angel I would like to grant all good wishes from the world. I would like to bless every people I loved most!! Give them more luck, happiness, joy, and health. What an awesome article dear...^^ I like this so much!!!
Gloria Freeman 4 years ago from Alabama USAI love been a “Squid Angel” blessing great articles like this one, and doing all I can to help other.
darciefrench lm 4 years ago I love to be a “Squid” angel - blessings have the power to make someone's day.
mecheshier 4 years ago I try to be an "angel" every day, kind words, actions, etc. Thank you for such a beautiful article. You are a blessing.
Tony Bonura 4 years ago from Tickfaw, Louisiana I'll have to catch up next August, but I plan to. You are an inspiration to me, Fay. TonyB
Little Linda Pinda 4 years ago from Florida Yes. You are the perfect example of a friend who is an Angel. You have been such a blessing to me. I am so happy I met you on Squidoo writing platform.
anonymous 4 years ago Sounds good to me, sorry I missed this for August 22nd but any day is a good day to dust off some wings!
Laraine Sims 4 years ago from Lake Country, B.C.I sure will … and every day!
fathomblueEG 4 years ago I will be an Angel for a day and then try be one as often as possible:-)
Angels of Blessings
Are you an "Angel" who uses their gifts to bless others?
Lord forgive me for not being grateful for the blessings You have given.
God sends angels in spirit and human form to bless us.
Angel Blessing Ideas & Resources
- Be an Angel Day
by Holiday Insights
- Be An Angel Day Crafts
Family Crafts from About.Com
- Angel Crafts for Kids
Family Crafts from About.Com
- How to make an angel tree topper
- How to make a Dishtowel Angel (Towel Art)
Towel art for any day of the year.
- How to Make an Angel with Paper Mache Clay
Crafts for all age groups for any time of the year.
- FREE Be An Angel E-cards/musical
from 123 greetings.com
- Be an angel day - Breast Cancer Charity
Although October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, you can give to cancer research any day of the year. Why not today?
- Be An Angel Day ~ Quotes
- Aaltius Directory info on Be An Angel Day
Background and resources
- Online Coloring Pages
Online coloring to share with a friend.
Thank you for your time. Hope you visit again soon!
Look for me here or on the web for related topics.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Google Plus.
*Note: The "RELATED HUBS" items are not mine and are not necessarily endorsed by me.
© 2012 Fay Favored