Mark Pitts profile image 61

This may seem morbid, but it is a question that really bothers me. Why do we embalm our dead?

Why do we spend thousands of dollars on expensive dirt cadillacs with expensive buried parking garages? The funeral, the wake, all of that I understand as a celebration of the life that passed, an opportunity to console each other, ectcetera. But the expense of embalming, and the box to bury a body in, an a liner for the hole? Why? If the answer is that it is the law, why did we allow such an idiotic law. It can't be for health reasons, bodies are biodegradable, I checked.

Becky Katz profile image82

Becky Katz says

athena2011 profile image58

athena2011 says