twoseven profile image 86

If your family is not religious, how do you explain the meaning of Easter to your children?

My family is not religious and has no problem making Christmas special, talking about the joys of giving, etc. But growing up we never made much of a big deal of Easter. I want to make it more fun for my son, but I'm not sure how to explain it other than "an imaginary bunny brings you candy, and you hunt for colored eggs." I want to give it more meaning, and I like the idea of rebirth and new beginnings, but don't really want to get into the whole crucifixion story, as it's not part of our beliefs, and I feel it's a bit graphic for my 2 year old. Any ideas?

Sherry Hewins profile image93

Sherry Hewins says

Les Trois Chenes profile image92

Les Trois Chenes says

MickS profile image77

MickS says