prektjr.dc profile image 89

What are your thoughts about the appropriateness of gory, demonic costumes and parties for children?

As a Christian, I do not participate in these types of Halloween activities anyway....yet as a parent, grandparent and teacher, I know how very much children LOVE to dress up in costumes and to celebrate holidays of any type. I did not allow my children to participate in the gory activities until they were older (about 16) and then they mostly were only interested in the spook house events. While they were young I kept it to a more fall type event. What are your thoughts? Why?

krillco profile image95

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• CraftytotheCore profile image

CraftytotheCore 3 years ago

I would love to see a Hub on a headless horseman costume. It's a pretty popular theme this year.

CraftytotheCore profile image98

CraftytotheCore says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

I didn't have to work hard to encourage my kids to keep down the gore. I think my favorite was the scuba diver my son surprised me with one year. Thanks for commenting!

thomasczech profile image56

thomasczech says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 3 years ago

Technically MOST holidays celebrated are "pagan"(civilian, rustic) unless you celebrate the Jewish holidays. So celebrating even Valentine's Day is pagan. The question is about types of costuming for children. I won't debate religion in this forum.