Laura Schneider profile image 93

What is your favorite early sign of Spring?

What do you look forward to the most every winter when Spring is about to occur: the return of certain birds? Plants peeping through the soil? Walking barefoot in the grass? Shelving your winter coat and breaking out your summer clothes?

tigerbaby777 profile image91

tigerbaby777 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Lovely answer! Spring really is about new life and renewal of the world.

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

ChristinS, :-) of course you're weird (that's a good thing), and I too find the smell of fresh Spring dirt wonderful when I'm planting new little lives into my yard. Daffodils, robins, and especially irises are some more of my favorites.

chef-de-jour profile image90

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

It sounds delightful! I hope to visit the UK someday in the spring! Thanks, chef-de-jour, for painting such a delightful picture for us to enjoy!

Penny G profile image77

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Agreed! The next sign of Spring in my yard is the bunnies EATING my newly planted and sprouted flowers. HUMPFH! Shameless little creatures.

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I love this, too. The songbirds, and the squirrels, and all the little animals and plants "coming to life"!

liesl5858 profile image82

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I too love the early sunrise and birds tweeting. Lovely answer—thanks for painting us a picture of your favorite Spring signs.

Dave36 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Dave, Dave, Dave... :-) an honest answer, to be sure. And, we women look forward to shedding our heavy winter clothing, too, for comfort's sake and practicality.