Laura Schneider profile image 91

What is your favorite early sign of Spring?

What do you look forward to the most every winter when Spring is about to occur: the return of certain birds? Plants peeping through the soil? Walking barefoot in the grass? Shelving your winter coat and breaking out your summer clothes?

chef-de-jour profile image98

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

It sounds delightful! I hope to visit the UK someday in the spring! Thanks, chef-de-jour, for painting such a delightful picture for us to enjoy!

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

ChristinS, :-) of course you're weird (that's a good thing), and I too find the smell of fresh Spring dirt wonderful when I'm planting new little lives into my yard. Daffodils, robins, and especially irises are some more of my favorites.

tigerbaby777 profile image84

tigerbaby777 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Lovely answer! Spring really is about new life and renewal of the world.

liesl5858 profile image83

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I too love the early sunrise and birds tweeting. Lovely answer—thanks for painting us a picture of your favorite Spring signs.

Penny G profile image71

Penny Godfirnon (Penny G) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Agreed! The next sign of Spring in my yard is the bunnies EATING my newly planted and sprouted flowers. HUMPFH! Shameless little creatures.

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

I love this, too. The songbirds, and the squirrels, and all the little animals and plants "coming to life"!

Dave36 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 3 years ago

Dave, Dave, Dave... :-) an honest answer, to be sure. And, we women look forward to shedding our heavy winter clothing, too, for comfort's sake and practicality.