Lady Guinevere profile image 60

How do couples celebrate Christmastime with Life Changes?

I was wondering this for this year. My father passed away at Memorial Day and we used to go there to celebrate Thanksgiving and Chrsitmas. Mom doesn't want anyone there. My children and Grandchildren are not in the area and now it is just the two of us. My husband's parent are gone too and his siblings are also doing their own thing. This is all new to me. How does one cope with all these kinds of changes and how do we celebrate the season?

Jo Harley profile image60

Best Answer Joleen Friesen (Jo Harley) says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) 2 years ago

Thank you for your answer. Sounds good to me.

Say Yes To Life profile image87

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

When I divorced that was when Christmas stopped for the most part for me. Then when the kids moved away, that was 90% of the end for me of celebrating. It is true, Christmas is for Children.

MizBejabbers says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Yes, we have a cat the loved to climb the Christmas tree. We have not had a tree up for years. We decoreat just the mantel now, but mostly that is all. You are right, it just isn't the same. I think that I will get a ham cuz we R tired of Turkey.

DJ Anderson says

• Lady Guinevere profile image

Thank you DJ. That idea about the No-Kill Animal shelter sound very good to me. You have a Very Merry Christmas too.