Jackie Lynnley profile image 82

Do remembering passed loved ones at Christmas dampen your Christmas spirit?

I think at first it did mine but now as time has passed it seems a perfect opportunity to remember so many good and fun things. How about you?

Venkatachari M profile image83

Venkatachari M says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I have never lost a spouse so I can't say I know how you feel; only speculate and know how it affected my mom when Dad died. Sometimes thinking of others though as you say you try could be the best thing for you. I hope your burden will lighten.

Sara Jofre profile image80

Sarah (Sara Jofre) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

That is true; I love since coming here being able to share my parents in story and poem. It is healing I think.

Faith Reaper profile image88

Faith Reaper says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I understand Theresa completely and I think it is good to let our grandkids get to know their grandparents through us. Mom loved my grandson Shane & the only one she saw the last couple years & he only has a vague memory of that so I refresh

connorj profile image80

John Connor (connorj) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 2 years ago

It is not a matter of remembering. We experience it. So, it is not so easy to forget as and when you want, and then remember whenever you want to remember. It is not like that.

Aurora R Wilson says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I am glad to hear that too. Our loved one would never want us to be sad as we wouldn't them if the roles were reversed.

Michael-Milec profile image61

Michael-Milec says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I am always happy to know those who love Jesus and I certainly do and that is what Christmas is about but I also try to not forget to honor Him all through the year & I write about Him in hubs as I am inspired to. Honor is all we can do He did it

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Oh; I know I lost my oldest brother several years ago and he left young children too but if we can't change things, which of course we cannot then the good memories are the best thing to go for. Let's remember them in happiness. The good; always.