Don't forget to Spring Forward before going to bed tonight! Should we cancel Daylight Savings Time?

Yes, it's that time of year again to lose an hour's sleep. Well, to be honest, I wish I could Spring Forward and never Fall Backwards again! For me, I love the extended daylight hours, especially during the week as I have my long commute home from the City and it is usually dark by the time I get home. The reason "they" say is that Daylight Savings time helps to save energy during our most active hours. What are your thoughts? I couldn't find Daylight Savings in a Topic here ...

bravewarrior profile image93

Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

Faith Reaper 12 months ago

Those are good points you have said here, Sha. Yes, I have been so tired at work too, especially today. However, I am happy not to have to drive 50 minutes or more in the dark on my way home. I love having more daylight towalk my dog for do yard work

MizBejabbers says

Sparklea profile image76

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 12 months ago

Hi Sparklea, Oh, no, you're not the only person who does not like daylight savings! I don't like it either, but I am opposite in liking the Spring forward better just because I like more time in the evenings to do things outside. God bless you too

Jackie Lynnley profile image76

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 12 months ago

Yes, school time was rough for sure, but I just go to bed an hour earlier so it evens out. In reality, we don't lose one each day, it's just that first day, so you can catch it back up by adjusting your sleep schedule. I love daylight when I get home

bradmasterOCcal profile image80

bradmasterOCcal says

Faith Reaper 12 months ago

Hi bradmaster, that is interesting. I am for dropping it too. Yes, that is what my mother told me growing up about the kids going to school in the dark. There you go! You have solved the dilemma ...