Be An Angel Day
Another Weird US Holiday
This lens is about another holiday that I didn't know existed, but needs to be celebrated more than once a year.
August 22nd is "Be An Angel Day" in the United States. It was first celebrated in 1993. The idea behind this day was to do something nice for someone else. To act like "God's servants" and do something selfless.
More Info Here: www.earthangel4peace.com
Ten Things You Can Do To Be An Angel
1. Pick up trash in your local park.
2. Donate something to a food shelf.
3. Help an old person across the street.
4. Make a donation to your local pet shelter.
5. Listen to someone who needs a shoulder.
6. Do something special for a friend or loved one.
7. Make a meal for a homebound person.
8. Visit your local nursing home.
9. Visit a children's hospital.
10. Adopt a pet from your local shelter.
I'm sure there are many other things that I've left out. Just remember, the idea is to do something selfless. The world would be a better place if we all did this every day.
Angels For Sale
Maybe you thought of some wonderful things you could do to "Be An Angel" that I left out, or maybe you just want to say "Hi." Do it right here.