- Holidays and Celebrations
Best Toys 2012
Best Toys 2012 for Christmas - Free Guide.
Christmas is just around the corner, and more often than not, most of us haven't even put together our Christmas lists. On top of that, we're rained on everyday with advertisements trying to sell us the latest and greats toys, all saying that theirs is the best, but how many of them are really worth it?
Our Top 25 Toys for Christmas Guide is here to help you make an informed buying decision and provide information on some of the best toys 2012.
As any parent knows, Christmas shopping can be exhausting. Knowing what you want before you start can save you a lot of time and stress. Keeping up to date with the new toy choices every year can be daunting, and knowing which toys offer great value is even harder to find out. We offer a way to know a little about what's new, what's popular, what's cool and what's a great buy for Christmas 2012.
We have analyzed the internet's top toy websites and combined the best and most popular toys into our "Top 25 Toys for Christmas Guide". They are in no particular order and cover all age groups from toddlers to teenagers. These are in our view the best of the best for Christmas 2012. Download our free Top 25 Toys for Christmas Guide by clicking the link below.
Must Educational Toys Be Fun?
Toys by nature are developed to be fun. If an educational toy stops becoming fun, it stops being a toy. Enjoyable play should be encouraged as it is the primary way in which kids understand and develop new expertise. This is one reason why it's essential to select toys in the correct age range of one's child.
On the one hand, you need to challenge them, on the other you'll need to steer clear of leaving the kid frustrated and feeling like they cannot progress in a game, or can't determine the best way to use a toy. At this point, the toy stops being fun as well as the child just won't want to play with it.
Discover the Best Toys 2012 for the coolest kids this Christmas. We have looked at most of the top toy releases this year to find the best new toys for this Christmas. Our studies covered toys for all ages and this report reflects our choice of toys for 2012
Each toy review covers two pages of facts, information and opinion:
The Advantages Of Wooden Toys for Kids
On the subject of selecting toys for our child, we all want to provide them the best in life. Therefore thinking about what their playthings are manufactured out of, as well as what they can do. Here are some of the advantages of selecting wooden toys for your child.
Due to the reality that wooden toys are less likely to be mass produced, more focus is placed on ensuring that the finished item is of a high standard (with no flaws). Wooden toys therefore last longer that their plastic counterparts and stand the test of time.
Toys manufactured completely from wood will always give you the peace of mind that they do not contain toxic ingredients. This is not only better for the environment, but it's also much safer for the health of your children if they tend to suck on their toys.
Although electronic kids toys have their benefits, experts have stated that more traditional toys, such as wooden baby toys, have an essential role in a child's development. They help to encourage imagination where the toys are designed to be more simple, and increase attention spans without the use of fancy electronics.
Easy To Maintain
Wooden toys are usually quite simple, with a few flat surfaces that can easily be wiped down as and when you need to. Although plastic can be wiped, too, cheap plastic will often lose its appearance or shape with time.
Although you'll find some plastic toys can be cheap, they often don't last long. Wooden toys are relatively cheap compared to more complicated alternatives, and the product you'll receive is good value. They're hardwearing - even with what babies will put them through - meaning that their value is increased over the long lifetime of the product.
Even the simplest wooden baby toys can be some of the most educational. For example, wooden blocks, or slot-in puzzle shapes, can help develop hand eye coordination, problem solving and more. Babies really don't need complicated electronics to learn these vital skills.
There's something to be said about giving your baby something natural. Not only is it healthier and more environmentally friendly (as mentioned above), but it has a connection to something in the natural world - a tree. Your little one will feel this as they touch and smell the wooden baby toys.
A Buyers Guide to the newest and best toys on the market today. If you plan on buying toys this Christmas, check out our Top Toys Guide first. It will cost you nothing but could save you a lot of time and money!
Helpful Tips For Toy Safety For Kids
Toy safety for kids is one thing that each parent understands. If you do not understand what's safe at various age range, your child could finish up getting any sort of accident or choking on small parts. Listed here are five strategies for ensuring the toys you purchase are secure for your kids.
1. Buy Top Quality Toys: Although cost does not always equal quality, it may frequently be considered a good measure. Purchasing cheap toys constantly often means they are more prone to break, creating risk for the child, or the manufacture was outsourced to some country where toy safety rules aren't as strict. If uncertain, look-up the maker from the toy before you purchase.
2. Check Age Recommendations: Toy producers will invariably give a age recommendation for his or her toys, if you know your son or daughter best. For instance, if they are older but nonetheless put things within their mouth then you ought to be cautious about any choking hazards. Similarly, you might be prepared to let your son or daughter use certain toys with your supervision knowing that they're advanced for his or her age. However, keep in mind that producers have lots of knowledge about toys and testing, so attempt to heed their advice whenever we can.
3. Keep On The Top Of Lists For Remembered Toys: It goes without saying of mistakes will be made and manufacturers will issue a recall every so often. A young child might have had any sort of accident using the toy, or parts and elements might have been discovered to be unsafe since manufacture. Attempt to keep close track of the most recent toy recalls - this is not too hard because of websites like the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Should you ever find an issue with a toy, please report the toy immediately.
4. Look at The Toys Yourself: Even when you frequently buy toys from the internet to obtain the lowest prices, attempt to visit toy stores to take a look at the physical toy yourself before making a purchase. Check the toy thoroughly with your hands to determine whether any parts will come loose or break, showing a choking hazard for children.
5. Avoid Unhealthy Substances: Toy safety for children also means thinking about the substances that they come into contact with every day. This will take some time to get clued up on, but there are a few substances known to damage health. In particular, avoid toys using lead paint, phthalates (often found in rubber ducks or balls - now an illegal ingredient in the USA) and BPA (avoid plastic numbers 3, 6 and 7).
Don't allow these tips on toy safety for kids overwhelm you. It'll soon be a habit to check on these points every single time you purchase a toy. It's worthwhile for the child's sake.
What To Look For In An Educational Toy
Toy Makers love to claim that their toys are educational but you can be the only genuine judge of that truth. Here are several techniques in which a toy can educate your child:
Sensory Stimulation: This type of play toy is specifically crucial for young babies who are developing new abilities. Check to see which senses the toy stimulates, whether or not that means visual, aural, touch and so on.
Imagination: Does the toy stimulate the imagination? At times the very best educational toys for imagination are the simplest ones. As an example, studies have shown that straightforward wooden toys encourage creative thinking a lot more than complicated electronic gadgets.
Social Elements: Is the toy designed to be shared and playing with by other youngsters? Play time is an superb opportunity for youngsters to develop social expertise with siblings or friends. Some toys are much more conducive to socializing than others.
Self Expression: Does the toy assist your child to express themselves? This could mean toys involving artwork, writing, taking photographs or telling stories.
Note that these are not the only ways in which a toy can be considered educational, but they're an excellent starting point. Always evaluate any manufacturer claims against these factors and it'll enable you to select the most effective educational toys for your kid.