- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Birthdays & Celebrations
Blaze and the Monster Machines Birthday Party Supplies and Theme Ideas
Plan an Awesome Blaze and the Monster Machines Birthday Party!
There’s something about monster trucks that sends kids into a tizzy – which might be why Blaze and the Monster Machines is one of the biggest crazes to hit the birthday party scene in years!
The show, which airs on Nickelodeon, follows the adventures of a group of monster trucks in a town called Axle City. The CGI animated show only premiered in October 2014, but it’s already amassed a huge following of excited youngsters that just love Blaze, Crusher, Pickle, and their human sidekicks AJ and Gabby. Together, the gang get into all kinds of trouble – but there’s always a happy ending!
If your little ones are manic for monster trucks and bonkers for Blaze, read on to find out how you can host an awesome Blaze and the Monster Machines birthday party today!
Blaze and the Monster machines Birthday Party Invitations and Ideas
The first step in hosting your special, monster-truck themed party is to get the invitations ready. Luckily, there are plenty of resources and downloadables online to help you bring your Blaze and the Monster Machine party invitations to life!
Let’s start with the Nick Jr website. This child-friendly site is packed with creative activities that kids can join in with – and they have a range of themed party invitations that can be printed off quickly and easily. All parents have to do is fill in the details of the kids they’re inviting, and pop them in the mail – simple!
Alternatively, a quick scout around the web will offer some more options for you to choose from. These downloadable invitations are sent right to your inbox within seconds of ordering, and this seller on Etsy also has some great personalized options – you can even add a picture of the birthday boy or girl!
Monster trucks aren’t very simple to draw, but if you’re feeling crafty you could also make the invitations yourself. Why not create a pop-up invitation, with a 3D monster truck springing up when you open it?
DIY Monster Truck Party Decorations
Blaze and the monster machines birthday party decorations and Ideas
Blaze, the most beloved character from the series, is a burnt-orange color, so that gives you a great base color to start off with when dreaming up your Blaze and the Monster Machines party decorations. Obviously, if your child has a different favorite character (such as Crusher or Pickle), you can use their particular color scheme to personalize the whole event to your child’s wishes.
A strong racetrack theme would also be a great idea – and transforming your home or the local venue into a monster truck racetrack isn’t too difficult! You can use small orange traffic cones to help people navigate (and encourage them not to step outside of the confines of the track – ideal if there are areas of your home that are off-limits to party-goers).
Bunting is also a great way to set the scene for any party – and there are some truly great options to choose from that fit within the racetrack theme. These Blaze and the Monster Machines banners are fun and colourful, and this chequered flag bunting is awesome!
Monster Truck Themed Birthday Cake
Blaze and the monster machines birthday party cake and ideas
Bringing out the cake and having everyone sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to the birthday boy or girl is a really special part of the day – for the little ones and for the parents, too. So, naturally, the cake has to be perfect if it’s going to be the center of attention at such a pivotal moment!
Making a monster truck cake is tough to say the least – you might need to enlist the help of a professional baker or cake decorator in order to get the look that you want. Either that, or practice for weeks before the big day! These monster truck cake ideas should give you some inspiration if you’re not sure what type of cake you want.
Of course, when these cakes go right, they look phenomenal. Here’s an example from a Pinterest user, to demonstrate just how show-stopping a Blaze and the Monster Machine birthday cake can be!
Blaze and the Monster machines birthday party favors and ideas
Finding Blaze and the Monster Machines party favors is a tricky one. For something really quick and simple, you could hand out packs of Oreos or similar circular biscuits labelled ‘spare tires’ – that’s sure to raise a laugh with parents!
If you have a bigger budget, you could buy a small selection of monster truck toys and attach a balloon to them in the same color as the truck. That way kids will have a sweet new toy to take home and show their family when the party’s over.
For the many parents out there that don’t have time to create individual favors for guests, this set of offers the ideal solution – and there are other options too, including bouncy balls, temporary tattoos and zipper pull charms. party favors on Amazon
Who is Your Favorite Monster Truck Character from the Show
Blaze and the monster machine Birthday party food and Ideas
From the cake, we move onto the food and drinks element of the party. Here’s where you can start to have a little fun with your Blaze and the Monster Machines party food:
- Cover some small donuts in dark chocolate to make them look like the tires from a monster truck – they’re sure to go down a treat with kids and adults alike!
- Sort your M&Ms or Skittles into color-coded bowls that look like stoplights. Offer up a bowl with red candy, a bowl with amber candy and a bowl with green candy for go, go, go! This helps tap into the theme a little more (even if sorting candy by color is a long process!).
- Sticking with the stoplight theme, you could create chocolate brownies with a single red, yellow and green Skittle or M&M on top. They’ll look great on your snack table, and as with anything remotely chocolate-related, the kids will devour them!
- Obviously you’ll want to serve up something a little more substantial than just candy and donuts, so why not head to the local store and pick up some wheel-shaped pasta? It’s called ruote pasta and it’ll ensure kids don’t simply fill up on snacks and sugary drinks all day long.
- Check out these monster truck mud shots! They contain mousse and ice cream topped with an Oreo which looks like a wheel – perfect for a monster truck party!
Blaze and the Monster Machine Party Games and Activities
Hold onto your hats! There are plenty of fast-paced games and activities you can enjoy as part of your Blaze and the Monster Machines party – here’s the rundown:
- Blaze’s Races – what monster truck party would be complete without a number of races that kids can get involved in? If you’re blessed with a large garden or outdoor space, this will be an ideal way to get kids out of the house while you tidy the living space, or clean up any mess! Have kids compete in various different fun races (skipping, hopping, crawling and simple running), and be sure to have some party prizes up for grabs for the winners!
- Monster truck cookie making – with a like this one from Amazon, you can set up a monster truck cookie station. Put out some frosting tubes, some glitter and other edible decorations and let kids go crazy making their very own monster truck cookies. monster truck cookie cutter
- Car Jump – with some chalk, head outside and draw the outline of three monster trucks (or regular cars if you’re not very arty!) on the ground. Then have kids compete to see who can jump over all three, just like their favorite monster trucks do.
- Cake Hunt – hide a number of cupcakes around the venue (whether it’s your home or a hired space) and set up a treasure hunt so guests can track them down! You can include car and race-related clues, and the winner not only gets a cake, but a medallion too!
- Monster Truck Statues – put on some music and have children run around doing their very best impression of a monster truck. When the music stops, they have to freeze in position – if they’re caught moving, they sit out until a winner is crowned!
- Coloring in – as the party begins to wind down and kids get a little tired, offer them plenty of colored pencils and ask them to create the most awesome monster truck ever. There are some great downloads and printables available online – here’s a perfect template from the Crayola website.
So there we have it – everything you could possibly need to put on a Blaze and the Monster Machines birthday party, from the initial invitations to party activities you can enjoy on the big day. Do you have any further suggestions to add? Have you put on a Blaze and the Monster Machine party using any of these tips? We’d love to know – get in touch in the comments!