- Holidays and Celebrations
Bloody Mary Halloween cocktails
Queen Bloody Mary is a true representation of Halloween scary stories, anyway that's what they say.
I chose a few Bloody Mary cocktails recipes because, apparently the name of this cocktail is appropriate with this special spooky holiday.
There are different ways to make a Bloody Mary cocktail, and you can add a bit of character as well, to make it unique but still Bloody Mary.
At the end of this lens there will be a small corner with the facts behind Queen Bloody Mary.
WARNING Scrolling down at the bottom of the page might get you scared!!! It's not a joke!
Prep Time: 5
Total Time: 5
- 50 ml vodka
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 5 -10 ml lemon juice
- 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- ground black pepper
- 2 -3 celery sticks
- 5 -6 ice cubes
- Take a glass and half fill it with ice cubes.
- Add the vodka, tomato and lemon juice, the Worcestershire and Tabasco sauces. Mix well all the ingredients. Top it with ground black pepper.
- Decorate with the celery sticks as shown in the photo.
- TIP: Make it your own by using fresh tomato juice made with blended fresh tomatoes, instead of the shelf tomato juice.
Imperial Bloody Mary
- 900 ml tomato juice
- 100 lemon juice
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated radishes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 20 drops Tabasco sauce
- 50 ml vodka
- 1 celery bunch
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender except for the vodka and the celery. Pour the mixture into ice cube shapes and place them in the freezer.
- Serve by adding the ice cubes in a wide mouth glass, pour the vodka on top and add the celery.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- Yields: 1
Bloody Mary recipe 2
- tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- celery slice
- lemon juice
- ice cubes
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender, except for the oregano, celery and ice cubes.
- Pour the mix in a glass, sprinkle oregano and add the celery slice.
The Bloody Mary legend
It is said that Bloody Mary is a witch or a ghost and is a part of West folklore. The legend says when she is called three times in front of a mirror she will show up, this ritual usually being practiced during parties or as part of a game. It is also said that when you invoke her, she might harm you or even kill you.
Legend says that Mary was the only child, her dad a doctor. One night, her father found her with eyes open, without breath. At midnight he dug a hole, buried Mary in a coffin, covered the coffin with earth, put a rope inside the coffin, attached the rope to a stick and at the surface added a bell to the stick, in case Mary was still alive she could ring the bell, her father would hear and he would take her out. Her mother stayed on top of her grave for hours, crying, but her father realizing she's going to freeze in that cold had to give her a sedative and get her inside. After they were gone, Mary rang the bell but her father didn't hear. When he went back outside in the morning, he saw the stick and bell on the ground. He rushed to open the grave, he took out the coffin, but Mary was already dead,there was blood all over her hands and her father could scratches, her nails and blood all over the coffin.
But who was actually Mary?!?!?!
Well... there are more sides to whom she truly was.
1. She was a pregnant woman in a wedding dress. She was supposed to get married, but she waited for long, and long and long, and her groom didn't show up. She was so upset that she stopped eating and eventually she died out of pain, her unborn child as well.
2. Bloody Mary or Mary Worth is a legend about a woman who died 50 years ago in a car crash along with her child. After her death she stayed as a restless soul among people and would haunt everyone and if you would say her name in front of a mirror at 0:00 in the night she would appear with her child in her arms full of blood, or if it doesn't show up at that time it would come in 12 days and would even kill you, day or night. She used to live in America and was a folk singer.
3. In other legends they say Bloody Mary is associated with Queen Mary I, known in history as " Bloody Mary" because she killed hundreds of Protestants. The queen's life was marked with numerous miscarriages or false pregnancies . If she would have had a child, the child would follow a Roman-Catholic inheritance therefore would kill even more Protestants. Rumors are the miscarriages were provoked. In the end they say the queen went crazy after the loss of those unborn children.
The ritual to call Bloody Mary is generally about the same: in a dark room (bathroom, room) in front of a mirror line lit candles. The "caller" must utter her name 13 times.
The call intonation is growing-from pleading to shouting.For each call, the caller should look at the mirror more and more intense.As the ritual says, the caller must spin in place and call her with the words: "Mary, I hate you" Mary, come to me! "or" Mary, I've killed your son! "
Following this last resort, the one who calls must be very careful, because the spirit could kill him.
Real bloody cases
In the 90's, an American bachelor, decided to end the speculations and called the spirit . The next day, she was found lying on the bathroom floor with a knife stuck deep in the back.
A young French woman tried to call her as well, but the appearance of the mirror scared her so badly that she tripped, breaking her leg.