Buzz Lightyear Halloween Costume Ideas
Buzz Lightyear Costumes For Kids And Adults
Are you thinking about a Buzz Lightyear Halloween costume? If you have a Toy Story fan in your house Buzz costumes are probably in the running for this year's Halloween costume. You can make your own Buzz Lightyear costume or you can buy one, but which ever you decide to do, it's a great kid's costume idea, and it also comes in adult sizes for men. Buzz Lightyear's most famous quote is, "To infinity and beyond"! You remember hearing that one before, don't you? Buzz Lightyear is the fictional Space Ranger character from the Disney series Toy Story, which currently has 3 animated movies. Buzz is an action figure from Star Command and he is on a mission to save the Universe from Evil Emperor Zurg. Toy Story has a huge variety of television series, toys, costumes, movies, clothing, made for Buzz and the rest of the Toy Story characters.
The image is from Amazon and the product is for sale on this page!
Here's Where To Buy Your Buzz Lightyear Costumes
He is one of the most popular characters of the series, so it makes sense that this is a fun and popular toy story costume for kids and adults. No matter what age you are, you will enjoy wearing a Buzz Lightyear costume, and impress everyone at the party when they figure out you made it yourself! Buzz Lightyear costumes can also be found at many costume shops if you decide to purchase it.
What's Cool About The Buzz Lightyear Costume?
Here are some of the reasons why this character costume is popular at Halloween!
- The Buzz Lightyear costume is a fun costume for both children and adults; there are no gender or age restrictions for this exciting Toy Story costume.
- Buzz Lightyear is always a hit at Halloween parties and costume parties.
- The Buzz Lightyear is popular with other party guests that it ends up winning a lot of costume contests.
- A homemade Buzz Lightyear costume is possible to make if you have some basic crafting skills. You might be able to find some of the materials you need around the house and some at an inexpensive craft store or home improvement supplies shop.
- Buzz Lightyear isn't the easiest costume to make, but it is well worth the time and effort you put into it.
- Kids love Buzz Lightyear costumes, especially if they are a big fan of Toy Story.
About Buzz Lightyear Costumes
- Buzz Lightyear is appropriate for any type of function including trick-or-treating, family parties and work functions. However it can be uncomfortable if you need to wear it for dancing or working during the day. (Unless you happen to be a Space Ranger!)
- The Buzz Lightyear costume works great as part of a group costume idea when you combine it with other popular characters from Toy Story. Woody, Jesse, Mr Potato Head, and Hamm are just a few suggestions out of the huge Toy Story characters list.
Materials You Need To Make A Buzz Lightyear Costume
If you plan on making a homemade Buzz Lightyear costume here are some of the materials you might need:
- Insulated foam
- Craft glue
- Liquid plastic
- Traffic cones
- White and green spray paint
- Purple craft foam
- Gardening tote
- White duct tape
- Black duct tape or pipe insulation
DIY Instructions For A Buzz Lightyear Costume - Here's some directions to help you create your own homemade Buzz Lightyear Halloween costume
Read over these instructions and gather the materials you need before you start to make your Toy Story Space Ranger costume. Make sure you have all the materials and tools you need handy.
1. Underneath your Buzz Lightyear costume you can wear a pair of white pants and a white shirt with long sleeves. The character's shoes are the same green that is on your costume, but white shoes work well too. Your head will be covered so there is no need to worry about hair styles or makeup for girls.
2. Use your insulation foam for the main breast plate by attaching two pieces together, and cutting them into the breast plate shape. Once they are sculpted, cover the foam breast plate with liquid plastic; this will give it that hard plastic look. You can also use enamel paint. It won't be as hard to the touch but it will look like it is.
3. Use traffic cones found from any home improvement store to construct the arm and leg pieces of the Buzz Lightyear costume, you can also find cones on Amazon, eBay or at the Oriental Trading Company. Looking at a picture of the character will give you a good idea of how this is put together and how it should look. Use your white and green spray paint for the stripes on the arms and legs, and glue purple craft foam on. You can also use some colored duct tape to make the strips on your clothes.
4. For the waist area of your Buzz costume you can use black duct tape or if you want it to look rounded, try some of the insulation that goes on pipes. These are pretty inexpensive and come several to a pack. They might be easier to work with if you cut them in half, then glue them onto your costume shirt.
More Toy Story Costumes
Here are some costume ideas to go along with the Buzz Lightyear outfit someone in your house is going to wear.
What's Your Favorite Toy Story Costume? - Is It Buzz Lightyear?
We got so many great costume ideas from the Toy Story movies. Which one is your favorite Halloween costume idea?
Green Army Man
Which Toy Story Costume Do You Want To Wear For Halloween?
More Toy Story Costume Ideas
Buzz Lightyear is one of the most popular characters from Toy Story, but there are plenty more fun costume ideas from this movie. They are:
- Green Army Man
- Mr. Potato Head