Cheap And Creepy Halloween Decorations
Cheap And Creepy Halloween Decorations
Halloween is one of the best times of year for crafters and these easy to do Halloween crafts will not break the bank. You can decorate your home for under 50.00 if you use a little imagination and a lot of Halloween Creepy.
Photo Credit : Rockinpicks.com
Jello with a small Skeleton sunk into the middle makes a very cheap and creepy decoration
Chocolate Severed Hand
You will need:
A bowl of beach sand
1 package white chocolate bark
1 Package Milk Chocolate Bark
1 Rubber Glove
1 Red Gell Cake Icing
1 Red Regular Frosting
1 baggie Tie
1 shoe box
4-5 pieces white tissue paper
Making The Severed Hand
Preparing The Chocolate :
Put one package of white bark into a bowl with one square milk chocolate. For darker skin use more milk chocolate.
Microwave the chocolate for 3 minutes and it should be liquid. Let it cool down slightly so it's warm and liquid and not hot.
Preparing the hand:
Moisten the sand and stick your fingers down into. It should form the mold for the hand.
Pour the chocolate into the rubber glove 3/4 full. Tie with a baggie tie so the chocolate does not leak out.
Place the chocolate filled hand into the space where you created the mold in the sank and place it in the refrigerator for a 1/2 hour
Put It All Together:
Once hard open and peel off the glove. Place your hand into the box so the fingers are toward you. Arrange the tissue paper around it and decorate with both the gell icing and regular frosting.
This makes a great cake topper also or the centerpiece for a table display.
Project and photos by Rockinpicks.com
Glowing Faces And Hands
Purchase and place the masks and gloves on newspaper. Spray with the glow in the dark spray and watch your haunted house light up where ever you put them. Leave them in large groups or use only one or two. Either way it's cheap and CREEEEEEPY
Masks and Hands
Magic Potion - You will need dry ice
You will need glass containers. Any see though container will work. Fill with cracked ice and a white glow stick. Fill with water and add a few drops of your favorite food coloring. Add the dry ice when it gets dark and crack the white glow stick when it gets dark. The potion will foam for approximately ten minutes.
If you want the dry ice to foam higher add some warm water on top.
Photo Credit: Rockinpicks
Milk Jug Skeleton
Imagine the faces of your Halloween guests as you finish dinner and break out a Kitty Litter Pie for desert. It's simple to make. Make sure your friends and family don't see it until you are ready to serve. If you can do it with a straight face it would go off even better.
Prep Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 2 Boxes Graham Crackers
- 1 Cup Melted Butter
- 3 Packages Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 Package Instant Caramel Pudding
- 1 Cake Decorating Bag With Large Round Tip
- Whip Cream (optional)
- Milk.. as per package of pudding
- 1. Pound Graham Crackers to the consistency of kitty litter.
- 2. Add Butter and mix gently so the pieces are coated but, not soggy
- 3. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350. The pieces should be firm like a crumbled pie crust.
- 4. Prepare pudding as per package and let it chill for 15 minutes until firm
- 5. Spread half the graham crackers on the bottom of a clean, never used kitty litter pan.
- 6, Add the chocolate pudding
- 7, Completely cover the pudding with the second half of the graham crackers.
- 8. Place the prepared Caramel Pudding in a cake decorating bag and draw in the poop with the tip.
- 9. Add a clean, never used, poop scoop as the serving spoon.
- 10. Chill before serving
- 11. You can substitute tootsie rolls for the caramel pudding
Head In A JarClick thumbnail to view full-size
Glue Gun Cob Webs
You will need a few cans of compressed air, a glue gun and some glow in the dark glue sticks.
Heat up the glue gun for a few minutes. When you see a drop of melted glue on the tip hold the compressed air up toward it. Blow the glue toward the area you want to create the cob webs. Add plastic spiders.
The video demonstrates the same process but, uses a compressed air gun. Either way will achieve the same thing
A little bit of spray adhesive makes everything glow. Spray your boring tree with the adhesive and add the luminescence powder or you can add the luminescence powder inside a glass ball for a bright Christmas without the expensive lights.