- Holidays and Celebrations
Cheetah Costumes for Kids & Adults
Creating a Cheetah Costume
Here are some wonderful cheetah costumes for toddlers, kids, teens and adults. Whether you are looking for inspirations for fancy dress or Halloween, or if you are hosting a safari party, a cheetah costume is something to consider.
Cheetahs and leopard often get mixed up in people's minds so don't be surprised if people ask you which you are today! The easiest way to identify the difference is that cheetahs have spots and leopards have rosettes.
For fun we have included some interesting facts about cheetahs to get you in the right mood and some great instructional videos on how to make-up a cheetah face and cheetah accessories.
Have a blast this Halloween!
Best Cheetah Costumes for Kids
Cute Cheetah Child Costume on Offer
Isn't this cute - cheetah spots feature on this pretty dress. It is made in 100% polyester velveteen and includes the dress and ears on a headband. It is available in child sizes 4-6, 8-10 and 12-14. Perfect outfit for your little girl for Halloween and dressing up and the dress can be used any time!
Charlie Cheetah Infant Costume - Newborn to 12 months
Rubie's Costume Co have another great toddler's costume here. Charlie the Cheetah is a children's character that everyone finds adorable.
Child's Cheetah Cat Girl Halloween - Small 6-8
Girls will love this cuddly cheetah costume - one piece body suit with a matching headpiece. Add cat claws and you have the perfect costume for Halloween and dressing up.
10 Fun Facts about Cheetahs
- The first thing everyone thinks about cheetahs is that they are the fastest land animal on earth. They can sprint for short distances at 70 miles per hour and some have been recorded at more. And they do it from a standing start from 0-60/70 miles per hours in seconds. On one game park in Kenya one of the cheetahs learned to wait near the gates as you drove in then race the safari land rover for a bit before heading back to the gate. This was a wild animal adapted to human presence. Not common though - they are hardly pets.
- You will see them in eastern Africa and some in the southwest although their numbers are dwindling due to loss of habitat, disease and illegal hunting for their skins and body parts used in tribal medicine. They used to be found in Asia but not only a few remain in Iran.
- Of the big cats, the cheetah is the sleekest and the most graceful and elegant. They are built to take full advantage of their speed having a narrow face, long legs and strong heart and lungs. Even their nostril are adapted being particularly wide to help take in the maximum amount of air while they are sprinting.
- They are generally solitary animals although you sometimes find males in small groups. The female is responsible for all the care of the young cubs who will stay with her until they are around 2 years old. She teaches them to hunt early and will bring back live hares etc for the cubs to 'practice' on. They have anywhere up to 6 cubs but only 2-3 cubs will survive, the mortality rate for cubs is very high.
- When a cheetah cub is born it's coat has no spots. There coat is quite dark to begin with but gradually lightens to a yellowish tone and by the time they are a year old will be completely spotted. The irregular patterning helps the animals to blend into tall glasses and bush while they stalk their prey.
- In the first few weeks of life the cubs have a greyish yellow mantle along their backs which further helps them to blend into grass and shadows when they are left alone. The mother will leave them hidden in deep grass and in the shadow of rocky outcrops. (The mantle looks a bit like dead grass).
- An adult male will weight around 120 lbs and will stand about 3 feet high. The body length is around 4 foot long and the tail over half that again. The long tail helps with balance and helps them turn quickly at high speed. Females are slightly smaller and from a distance the two are difficult to sex unless seen together or with cubs.
- Cheetahs have a characteristic teardrop marking running from their eyes.
- Cheetahs are the only cats with non-retractable claws - that is the claws are permanently extended and static. This helps them gain traction while running.
- It's kills it's prey by suffocation.
Cheetah Cat Girl Teen Costume
This is a cool cheetah costume for teenagers. The costume features cropped trousers and top with fringe edging and a pair of fingerless gloves. Hip enough for the fashion conscious teen.
Cheetah Makeup Tutorials
Best Cheetah Costumes for Adults
Sexy Cheetah Costume for Women
This 'cat-suit' is one of a kind, the one piece costume is trimmed with fake fur and there is a hood attached that has fur ear, just to top it off.
Cheeky Cheetah Costume for Women
You will look and feel like a siren in this wonderful cheetah costume. The dress has a belt with attached tail and the outfit comes with gloves and a headpiece with cheetah ears.
Not everyone likes to dress up in fancy costumes and some simply can't afford the high prices ready-made costumes cost - in which case - use your imagination.
Pick out things you have already - fleece sweatshirts that you can turn inside out to represent fur, make ears and tail from material scapes and so on. Make some cheetah spots from scraps of material and stick them on a t shirt or dress - cover a headband with material and add ears...
Often a very subtle suggestion works just as well as the whole deal. Make-up and face paints are an excellent example and there are instructional videos on this page to help you create the perfect cheetah look.
Use a cheetah print scarf, hat or gloves to go for the subtle look or indulge yourself with a cheetah print t shirt or dress you can wear any day of the year.
Cheetah Costume Accessories
Cheetah Mask for Children
Let your kid transform into a cheetah with this great mask. It suits kids over 3 years of age and is perfect for safari parties and Halloween.
Cheetah Costume Accessories: Ears and Tail Set - Aged 3 year up
You don't need a full costume to make a cheetah impression. This great cheetah ears and tail are a great start for a great costume. Add some wonderful face paint or cheetah makeup and you have a winning combination.