- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas Cookies: Chocolate Nut Ball Cookie Recipe
How to Make Chocolate Nut Ball Cookie Recipe
Christmastime is one of the most wonderful times of the year. Many people enjoy celebrating the holidays all around the world. One of the most favorite things to do at Christmas is to share Christmas cookies and Christmas cookie recipes. Some people make the same type of holiday cookie each year. It might be one that their grandmother or mother use to make for them when they were kids. They grow up and learn how to make the same cookie recipe or they might adapt it to suit their selves better. Often when they have kids, they teach them how to make a family favorite Christmas cookie recipe. Here is a Chocolate nut ball cookie recipe that you might like to try especially if you love nuts, chocolate and chili.
A special thank you to Kokabella over at Morguefile for photo use.
Cute Cookie Tins
If you are in a hurry and have no time to bake homemade cookies for a holiday party, you might want to consider taking along some of the delicious cookies in Christmas cookie tins...
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Â¾ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups soften butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups chopped or milled pecans
- Allow the butter or margarine to soften by setting it out onto the kitchen counter about 20 minutes before preparation time.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare your cookie sheets by lightly coating them with cooking spray. Alternately, you can lightly grease the cookie sheets and then set aside until needed.
- Using a large mixing bowl, you will sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and chili powder.
- Gradually work in the softened butter or margarine. Add the vanilla and combine well.
- Add 2 cups of chopped or milled pecan. Mix well to combine.
- Using your clean hands, you will pinch off enough cookie dough to shape cookie balls of about Â½ inch in diameter.
- Add the remaining milled pecans onto a waxed sheet of paper. Roll the cookie balls in the remaining nuts.
- Arrange the chocolate nut ball cookies evenly onto the prepared cookie sheets about Â½ inch apart. Place in preheated oven to bake for about 20 minutes. However, do not allow the cookies to become brown.
- Remove from hot oven and allow cooling slightly before you begin rolling the cookies in powdered sugar while they are still warm.
Videos of Interest
If you do, why not tell us more about it.