Christmas Dessert Buffet Table Ideas
Looking For Ideas For Your Christmas Dessert Buffet Table?
Because it's never too early (or too late) to start planning for Christmas!
Setting up a Christmas dessert bar or buffet can be as simple as setting out some Christmas cookies and candies. It can also be a beautiful and elaborate setup with a complete dessert buffet, including gingerbread houses or elaborate cakes.
Here are some recipes and ideas to help you set up your Christmas dessert buffet.
Image: Flickr Creative Commons Pfala
Christmas Dessert Buffet
Make a stunning display by adding Christmas candy to glass canisters or cookies to platters. Add a Christmas ribbon to your glass jar for a festive touch.
Fillable Cylinder Centerpieces to create the dessert candy centerpieces pictured here.
A 'must have' for Christmas Desserts - check it out
Chocolate Mousse Fillo Cups
1 box of Large fillo cups (in your grocers freezer)
1 large box of chocolate, or chocolate mint instant pudding (made with 1/2 the amount of milk called for in the box directions)
1 Tablespoon cocoa
1- 8 oz container of whipped topping
Red and green colored sugar sprinkles
Can of whipped topping
Mix up the chocolate pudding using half of the milk called for on the box. Mix in the cocoa, then carefully fold in the container of whipped topping. Refrigerate the mixture until party time. When you’re ready to serve, fill the fillo cups with the chocolate mousse mixture and top with whipped topping, sprinkles, and a cherry. This makes 6 mousse cups, just double or triple the recipe if you have a larger party.
They’re quick, and easy, and you can make them low calorie and low fat if you use fat free whipped topping, and pudding.
You can also use sheets of fillo dough to make your cups. Just moisten 3-4 sheets of fillo dough with cooking spray and put them into muffin pans to make your cups, then bake for a few minutes until the cups are golden brown.
Add a festive holiday touch by adding red and green holiday sprinkles and a red cherry to the top.
These would be a hit on any Christmas party dessert buffet, and they're super quick and easy to make.
Image (c) L Gerlach
Dress Up Your Holiday Dessert With Christmas Sprinkles!
Christmas Cookies For Your Christmas Buffet!
A platter of Christmas cookies can make a wonderful statement on your Christmas dessert display. Include your holiday favorites, made from scratch or from your favorite cookie maker.
Christmas Dessert Platters
Christmas Bark Can Be a Wonderful Addition To Your Christmas Dessert Buffet
White Chocolate Mint Chocolate Bark
* 12 ounces (about 2 cups) dark chocolate, or chocolate chips
* 12 ounces (about 2 cups) white chocolate, chopped, or white chocolate chips
* 8-10 peppermint candy canes or about 20 pieces of mint Christmas candies
1. Unwrap the candy canes or mint candy pieces and crush them by adding them to a food processor and pulsing it on and off until they're crushed, or place them in a large plastic bag and roll over them with a rolling pin until they're crushed into small pieces.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper.
3. Melt the dark chocolate according to the package directions. Pour the chocolate onto the wax paper and spatula or knife spread it evenly to about 1/8" thick. Don't worry about getting all the way to the edges or making it neat, the chocolate will be broken into pieces later. Place the tray in the refrigerator to cool while you're preparing the white chocolate.
4. Melt the white chocolate according to the package directions, and stir the candy cane bits. You can reserve some of the candy cane pieces to sprinkle on top later.
5. Remove the cookie sheet from the refrigerator and use a spatula or knife to spread the white chocolate in an even layer over the dark chocolate. Again don't worry about it being perfectly neat around the edges, you'll be cutting it into pieces.
6. Before the white chocolate cools and hardens, sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces over the top and press them in. Place the tray back in the refrigerator to cool for at least another 30 minutes.
7. Once bark is completely set, use your hands to break it into small, uneven pieces.
P.S. Write your own Big Red Bow article!
About your favorite Christmas decorations or party adviceThe Big Red Bow is an open club for everyone whose favorite part of Christmas is the decorating! Look around to find unique and cute ideas for decorating your house for Christmas (and throwing Christmas parties). You can even write your own decorating article for The Big Red Bow. It's free, and you can earn money from it.
Start now and save up for some stocking stuffers!