Give a Christmas Jar or Anonymous Money Jar
Give an Anonymous Money Jar as a New Family Holiday Tradition
A Christmas Jar or Holiday Money Jar is a wonderful tradition to help spread the holiday spirit and encourage random acts of kindness. Consider starting a new family tradition this year, pass on the spirit of the holiday and give a money jar anonymously to someone who could really use one.
If you are looking for ways to create holiday memories with your children and a tradition that can be carry on for many years, read more about the Christmas Jar, Anonymous Holiday Money Jar or if you want to be politically correct, the Ramahanukwanzmas Jar.
The Christmas Jar tradition started in 2005 by author Jason F. Wright with his family. He went on to publish his family's idea in the book Christmas Jars which became a New York Times Best Selling Book.
Other Christmas Classic's from Mr. Wright include Penny's Christmas Miracle Jar as a version for kids and Christmas Jars Reunion.
Spreading the Spirit of the Holidays
I discovered the story of Christmas Jars in 2008 while researching for my lens on How to Make a Christmas Spirit Jar and discovered this wonderful tradition.
Jason's message of the Christmas Jars was very much in line with what I was trying to do and with what I have been doing with creating groups and lenses on Giving Back and working with the Squidoo Activists.
He is encouraging people to give back, to practice random acts of kindness and to look for opportunities to help people. Most of all he has found a way for people to spread the spirit of the holiday...whichever holiday you might be celebrating.
Learn about the spirit of the jar.
Discover the Spirit of the Christmas Jar
Christmas Jars Story on Amazon
Christmas Jars is a story about the power of giving and how giving can transform a person.
Vote on the Christmas Jars Tradition
What do you think about the Christmas Jars Tradition?
Christmas Jar Author's Interview with Glenn Beck
Glenn Beck, host of the Glenn Beck Show on CNN Headline News, interviewed Jason Wright and briefly discussed the book Christmas Jars and the exciting new tradition.
Christmas Jars Book Set
Start with a Christmas Jars Boxed set to bring the Christmas Jars tradition into your home.
Video Stories about the Christmas Jar
See how the story of the Christmas Jar is making a difference in the lives of the people who receive a jar and the people who give.
Stories about the Christmas Jar
- Brassy Apple: Christmas Jar - tradition for the new year
A few years ago the Christmas Jars book was recommended to me for some "Christmas" reading. They said I would want to start a Christmas Jar of my own after reading it. They were right! It's one of those books that makes you want move forward with act
- Jason Wright: 10 standout Christmas Jar miracles from 2011
It's the most wonderful time of the year! True Christmas Jar miracles are pouring into my inbox nearly every time I download new email. They come from both jar givers and receivers and span religion, race and region.
- The Christmas Jar… A Simple Act Can Change A Life
Clink, Clink, Clink… This is the sound of hope, the sound of a chance to help a person in greater need than myself.
- A CHRISTMAS JAR | Conservative Vermont Vet
A Christmas Jar is a pickle jar, peanut butter jar, Mason jar or whatever else you have around to collect your spare change each day. All coins are dedicated to the jar, and during the week before Christmas you carefully select someone to give it to
- 'Christmas Jar' saga lives on | Deseret News
In 2005 when Jason F. Wright wrote a little Christmas story about love, finding oneself, and filling a jar with spare change and giving it away, he had no
- Random Acts of Kindness | Everyday Ramblings of My Life
MY neighbor, her family of 6 struggles on 1 income and they will be moving within the next week to a less expensive home. She called me yesterday to tell me about her Christmas miracle. Her family received a Christmas Jar.
- Our Christmas Jar Update | Everyday Ramblings of My Life
For those of you who remember my RAOK post, or the beginnings of our Christmas Jar from 12/29/11, I just wanted to give a small update on our progress. We are still continuing our quest to make a difference when the Christmas 2012 Holiday season roll
- Christmas Jar | The Creative Mama
To help my children think beyond what they will be "getting" for Christmas, we started doing a "Christmas Jar" a few years back to help them serve others during Christmas. We use an empty canning jar for our "Christmas Jar" and fill it up with loose
- "Christmas Jar" Book Inspiring Families | ksl.com
A book titled "Christmas Jars" is inspiring Utah families to start a new holiday tradition. The story follows a woman who receives a jar full of money one Christmas from an anonymous source; now that story is changing Christmas for one Provo family.
Believe in the Spirit of the Christmas Jar
Give a Christmas Jar or Holiday Money Jar
Image Composite from Microsoft Image, Corel Images and Jay Lopez's Recycle 2.
Suggestions to Make Your Own Christmas Jar
Making your own Christmas, Holiday or Ramahanukwanzmas jar is easy.
- Take a jar - pickle, mayonnaise, canning
- Wash it out.
- Throughout the year drop in your spare change.
- Once it is in the jar don't touch it.
- Let the change add up over the course of a year.
- During the holiday season, find someone to give it to anonymously.
- You may want to add a note about the tradition of the Christmas or Holiday Jar.
Christmas Jars Available on Amazon
Find an old jar around the house or pick a jar to get started making your own Christmas jar.
Christmas Labels, Stamps and Tags
Christmas labels, stamps and tags to use for decorating a Christmas Jar. Create your own tags using stamps and markers on kraft paper or colored tags.
Possible Recipients for Your Holiday Money Jar
There are many different places that you could take your Christmas Jar or Holiday Money Jar.
Here are just a few:
- A deserving family in your neighborhood.
- A deserving family associated with your church or place of worship.
- A local women's shelter.
- A local animal shelter.
- Your favorite local charity.
- A local children's hospital.
- A local senior's center.
- A local hospice.
Make Your Own Christmas Spirit Jar
Harlan Miller's quote was the inspiration to create a jar of Christmas spirit to pass on as a gift to someone.
- I wish we could put up
- some of the Christmas spirit in jars
- and open a jar of it every month.
I put together another lens with several examples and simple directions to make your own Christmas Spirit Jar from supplies you probably even have at home.
You could even turn your Christmas Jars or Holiday Money Jars into Christmas Spirit Jars. Fill with money or Ferrero Rocher Chocolates and give it away.
Cameron's Special Christmas Jars
Cameron and his Christmas Jars
This young man, Cameron Birch, died of cancer shortly after this video was shot in early 2006. He received this money anonymously for Christmas 2005. He didn't want to keep it. Instead he chose to spend it on toys for other children in the hospital. Cameron is a Christmas Jar pioneer.
From the Christmas Jars website, a story that embodies the Christmas Spirit.
- Late one night just before Christmas, a knock at the door changed our family forever. The kids rushed from the family room and threw open the door to find nothing but the cold December night. In place of a visitor, there were two large jars sitting on our porch. Each was labeled in bright letters, "Christmas Jar." Attached to one of them was a copy of the book Christmas Jars and a note. The note explained how the anonymous giver had read this book and how it had changed his life. My oldest two sons each brought a jar inside and excitedly unscrewed the lids. One jar was filled with pennies. The other was filled with other change and some paper money.
- I had just read the book and so I retold the story as well as I could. We talked about what it means to give unselfishly to others. We tried to figure out what generous person might have left the jars. Cameron was very excited that someone would do that for him and his family. He understood we got the jars because he had cancer. A light that had been dimmed by illness burned a little brighter in Cameron's eyes that night. This simple act of giving stopped - for just one night - the steady march of a terrible disease.
- Cameron decided to take the money from the Christmas Jars and use it to buy the toys for the hospital's playroom.
Christmas Jars Reunion
Christmas Jars Reunion
Author Jason Wright talks about the follow up book to Christmas Jars, Christmas Jars Reunion Book.
Christmas Jars Reunion Book
Find out what happens to Hope in the sequel to the Christmas Jars story.
Learn more about Christmas Jars
- Christmas Jars - A Novel by Jason F. Wright
The main website for Christmas Jars.
- Christmas Jars - Cameron's Story
Read about young Cameron Birch, who truly embodied the spirit of the Christmas Jar.
- Christmas Jars: The True Stories
A sampling of true, unedited Christmas Jar miracles, provided by givers and receivers from around the country.
- Jason F. Wright Official Fan Page | Facebook
Follow Jason F. Wright on Facebook.
Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle
Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle by Jason F. Wright
Trailer for the new children's book, Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle, by New York Times bestselling author Jason F. Wright and illustrated by Ben Sowards.
Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle on Amazon
Teach children about the Christmas Jar story with Penny's Christmas Jar Miracle.
Give a Ramahanukwanzmas Jar
Give a Ramahanukwanzmas Jar or Holiday Jar
If you don't celebrate Christmas, you can give a the politically correct Ramahanukwanzmas Jar.
Image Composite from Microsoft Image, Corel Images and Camila Schnaibel's Labels 1.
Christmas Jars Foundation
The Christmas Jars Foundation
The overall goal of the Christmas Jar Foundation is to create Christmas Jar miracles in every community across the country by spreading the Christmas Jars giving tradition through public and private schools, through churches and through retail establishments and the corporate community.
- Jason Wright: Introducing the Christmas Jars Foundation
The idea to create a nonprofit foundation tied to the Christmas Jar movement first hit me almost six years ago...It is time to introduce the Christmas Jars Foundation.
- Christmas Jars Foundation
The launch of theChristmas Jars Foundation is coming soon...
- Christmas Jars Foundation Kickoff | Pledgie.com
Will you support the kickoff of the Christmas Jars Foundation by making a secure online donation today?
Christmas Jar Books by Jason F. Wright on Amazon
Mr. Finnegan's Giving Chest Book
Jason Wright and Christmas Jars Interview
Jason Wright discusses his book Christmas Jars on KSL television's Studio 5.
Mr. Finnegan's Giving Chest on Amazon
The book by Dick Van Dyke mentioned by Jason Wright on his interview with KSL studio.
Mr. Finnegan's Giving Chest on eBay
Copies of Mr. Finnegan's Giving Chest can also be found on eBay.
More Ideas for Filling Christmas Jars
- The Christmas Jar
Amy Clark gives her own ideas for creating memories for Christmas with Christmas Jars on Mom Advice
- Christmas Gift Ideas: 13 Ways to Fill Mason Jars | DoItYourself.com
Some great ideas for making quick and inexpensive Christmas gifts by filling mason jars with all sorts of goodies.
What do you think about the Christmas Jar or Holiday Money Jar tradition?
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.