A Christmas Eve Tradition - Christmas Pajamas
My Mom's Tradition - Christmas Pajamas
My mom gives her grandchildren pajamas for Christmas every year. We celebrate Christmas Eve at my mom's house, and all the children love putting on their pajamas before they go home to bed to wait for Santa Claus. Sometimes they are matching pajamas, but most of the time they are individually selected for each child.
Two kids stories talk about the Christmas pajama tradition, The Puddinhead Story and the Pajama Elves. Both are sure to please toddlers and pre schoolers as they are put to bed on the night before Christmas.
Are Christmas PJs a Tradition on Christmas Eve in Your Family?
Two Great Children's Books about Christmas PJs
A couple of readers of mine introduced me to the following children's books about Christmas PJs.
- The Puddinhead Story - A tale about an elf named Puddinhead who provides Christmas PJs to kids as a signal that Santa Claus is on his way. A great way to get kids in bed on Christmas Eve.
- The Pajama Elves - A story about elves who deliver pajamas on Christmas Eve. These elves use magical stitching in their pajamas so kids will sleep soundly while Santa delivers his presents.
I love this story about elves delivering pajamas with magical stitching. My kids always went to sleep with this story.
A very cool Christmas Jammies Video
This is a great video of a family using their Christmas Jammies. I hope this doesn't replace Christmas cards in the future.
More Pajama Ideas
Here are some more ideas:
- Toddlers - Pajamas with feet and patterns they recognize rather than something that is related to the season.
- Boys - Finding pajamas for Boys is tricky since they can't be too girly or they won't wear them, yet you want them to be festive enough for pictures. If you don't think you can get you son or grandson into a type of Christmas pajamas, then you'll need to go for something like scooby Doo or Avenger pajamas.
- Girls - Girls pajamas are pretty easy to find and girls love wearing them. The colors red, pink, and green are great and go along with patterns that fit the season.
- Family - Matching family pajamas also help make sure everyone is involved and make a great Christmas morning picture.
- Footie - My daughter likes footie pajamas, which are basically a onsie with feet.