- Holidays and Celebrations
Christmas Wish Lists
When I was a child my grandmother (pictured here with 2 of my cousins, I'm in the middle) would always ask me to make a list of the things that I might like for Christmas. She would also remind me to not wish for the moon and the stars as she was not rich by any means.
I would think and ponder for days about what I would like to see wrapped under the tree. Most years Grandma would buy all my cousins and I a box containing chocolate Santa's. I can still today remember how good they tasted.
One year Grandma had just returned from visiting her homeland of Scotland, and I knew from how heavy her bags were that she may just have brought me back something special.
That year I had one item on my wish list that I was so hoping I would get. I wanted an authentic Scottish kilt. Christmas morning arrived and when Grandma handed me my gift to open I was the happiest girl alive. There in the carefully wrapped box, with biggest brightest ribbon I'd ever seen was the most beautiful Bruce tartan kilt.
I've always been a list maker, and when my boys were younger I'd ask them to make a list as to what they wanted for Christmas.Now it's difficult to buy for them as they always say, "Don't worry about it Mom, there's nothing I really need."
The New Kilt
Pictured here are my grandparents along with two of my aunts. I was always tall for my age, and if I recall correctly I was around nine or ten years of age in this photo.
Kilts from Amazon - Do you know someone that would love a kilt for Christmas?
This gorgeous kilt is machine washable, has 3 leather straps (it's adjustable), and is made of acrylic wool.
Christmas Wish Lists
Sometimes I think I'm an obsessive list maker. I have lists for things to do, things to write about, grocery lists, Christmas baking lists, lists of lists I need to make, housework lists, and even lists for what's in my freezer.
Do You make Christmas Lists?
Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen
One of my all time favorite Christmas songs is this one. To me no one sings it better than the Boss himself.
One of my favorite Christmas songs!
Travel to Scotland
It's always been a dream of mine to go to Scotland. I'd love to see the places my grandmother would always talk about.
When Christmas Wish Lists Don't Work - A Few of the Things I Do
Do you find that making Christmas wish lists sometimes do not work? A few of the items listed below are only meant as a joke. I really don't do all of these.
- When the flyers come in I will go through them to see if something I want for Christmas is on sale. I will then circle the item and leave it on the kitchen counter or in the living room where everyone in the household can see it.
- Leave a list on the refrigerator.
- Email your list to family members.
- Take out an add in the classifieds and make sure you have lots of copies on hand to pass out.
- Attach your list to everyone's bedroom door.
- Leave a list on your significant others windshield. They'll find it very hard to miss.
- Hire carolers to stop by your house to sing the twelve days of Christmas. Instead of the traditional song make sure they use all the items on your Christmas wish list.
- Bake a cake, and decorate it by drawing your list on the top layer.
- On all the computer screens in your home, put a picture of what it is you want for Christmas, or your list.
In case the above didn't put a smile on your face ......
What do you call a reindeer wearing ear muffs?
Anything you want. He can't hear you!
Who is never hungry at Christmas ?
The turkey – he’s always stuffed
Why did the turkey cross the road?
Because it was the chicken's day off!