- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Halloween Costumes
Cute Halloween Costumes for Newborns
Babies are cute in a Halloween Costume
Moms will typically dress their babies in costumes that go with the theme of the baby room. The neat thing about living in the northern part of the United States is that the temperature on Halloween is usually on the cool side. This means that costumes are designed to keep the babies warm as well as look really cute.
Additionally, newborn costumes typically takes on the the characteristic of the baby. Be it a lion, a bear, or a banana. Another common theme are outfits that represent a favorite movie or TV show, like Star Wars, Star Trek, or any Disney movie.
What type of baby costume are you looking for?
Lion Costume for Baby
Types of baby costumes
There are many types of costumes that end up being extra cute on a baby.
- Animal Costume - Yes, a teddy bear costume is very cute. Other bear costumes include Koala and Panda. Lions and Tigers to complete the Wizard of Oz trio. Dogs, cats, and every other pet are also great. And then there's the farmyard costumes, cows, pigs, ducks, lambs, and of course a bull.
- SuperHero Costume - I don't know about you but I get a chuckle when I see the muscles of a superhero on a baby.
- Food Costume - There are many types of foods. Fruits are great for Apples, Bananas, or Oranges. Vegetables - Carrots, Tomato, Broccoli, or Corn on the Cob. Candy - M&M's
- Minnie-Me Costume - Dressing up and then dressing your little one in the exact same outfit will get many great laughs at your Halloween party.
Crochet or Sew your own Baby Costume to Save Money
A way to save some money on a costume that a baby is going to wear one day out of the year, is to make it yourself. All you need is someone that knows how to sew and a sewing or crochet pattern. My mom made my kid's first costumes which saved us a lot of money and provided some of the most adorable pictures.
Crochet a Baby Mermaid Tail
Superhero Costume for Baby
Anne Geddes is an inspiration to many baby costumes
When the photography of Anne Geddes hit the scene of babies, it immediately inspired a new type of dress up. Mom's across the world were no longer waiting to dress their babies up in costumes on Halloween, instead they were dressing them up all year long. Any chance to wear the daisy outfit, a sunflower, a ladybug, or a baby tiger to a party.