- Holidays and Celebrations
Create a Love Passport
An unusual gift - a love passport
Don't you get frustrated when you're looking for an unusual gifts to show your love?
Flowers, chocolates, champagne ... they are all wonderful but wouldn't it be great to give a gift that shows your love time after time?
I have a great idea for you.The answer is a 'love passport'.
This is a gift that you can easily assemble yourself and every time you and your loved one celebrate your love, add your details to the book, along with mementos of the occasion.
You'll both enjoy adding memories of your occasion to your special book and it will forever be there to remind you of the wonderful times you've enjoyed together.
Add whatever you like to your love passport. Use your passport to rekindle memories. All you need is a small notebook or photography book and you may wish to add a few accessories that are recommended further down this page.In years to come, you'll have a fabulous 'scrapbook' of your memories.
Photograph © Andy Royston.
What to add to your love passport
Every time you spend a special day, or celebrate an anniversary or event, add details and memorabilia to you love passport.
Over the years this will grow into a remarkable scrapbook of your relationship and your life together.
It's never too late to start.
- Add a pressed flower, fern or leaf. When you're enjoying a romantic occasion, see what nature can offer to provide you with lasting memories
- Write the date, and the event. Make brief notes 'today we spent a wonderful day at the beach and enjoyed a romantic picnic'.
- If you've been to an event, clip the admission ticket to the page. If you've had a romantic meal at a restaurant, add its business card.
- Use small envelopes or see-through pouches to clip small items such as shells to your page.
- When you go on vacation, clip your airline ticket stubs to your love passport.
- If you receive a gift or bouquet from your loved one, add the gift card.
You'll be able to think of plenty of other mementoes you can add - items which are special to the two of you.
Deciding what to add, collecting it and including it in your book is all part of the fun. And you'll have such a great time in later months and years reliving your favourite romantic memories.
What you'll need
- Your notebook or photographic book
- A beautiful writing implement
- A box in which to keep your passport and other memorabilia
- Special paperclips to attach notes
Love is ...
This photographic book is perfect for your love passport.
It features romantic poetry along with quotes about love and romance.
It gives your love passport a head start and you and your loved one will be inspired by the photographs and the quotes it contains.
It's ideal for adding your own comments, stamps and memorabilia as it has plenty of space for the two of you to customize the book and make it truly your own.
Don't rely on your memory to recreate those special moments. Your love passport will be a lasting reminder of those special days and events that you shared.
A few images from the book - Opposite each image is a love quote.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Keep your love passport and other mementos in a special box. Choose one that will suit your décor. A 'treasure chest' look is ideal because your love IS more valuable than anything else.
If you wish, choose a box with a lock so that you can keep your love passport completely confidential and away from prying eyes.
Your own embossed stamp
If you have your own personlized stamp - with your names or initials - you can 'stamp' your passport every time you have a special, loving occasion.
© 2013 Jackie Jackson