- Holidays and Celebrations
Creepy and Gross Jello Recipes for Halloween
How to totally freak out the guests at your Halloween party using Jello
Are you having a Halloween party this year? Are you looking for something different to serve to your guests? Something that will make them talk about your party for months to come? Want to totally freak your guests out? Then you've come to the right place. I have scoured the Internet for the best, creepiest and grossest Jello recipes around.
All of the recipes you will find on this page are made of Jello. They are also creepy, gross and sure to make your guests laugh and scream. For a dessert table that is truly gruesome, you have to include at least one of these disgusting recipes.
Photo by Jim Reynolds
Basic Jello Recipe
Here's a video on how to make Jello just in case you didn't know already. Besides, the guy in the video is kinda cute.
Green Slime Jello
We'll start with a slimy green Jello recipe. The different color ingredients combine to make a nice, totally gross green color. The orange soda and ginger ale in the recipe make it so the Jello doesn't set and get firm and jiggly. Kinda gross, but fun.
4 Packages of Black Cherry Jello
4 cups of Boiling Water
1 cup of Ginger Ale
1 can of mandarin oranges
1/2 cup of orange soda
1. Empty the black cherry Jello into a bowl. Add 4 cups of boiling water. Stir.
2. Add one cup of Ginger ale.
3. Open the can of mandarin oranges, empty into a bowl without the syrup and mash with a fork.
4. Add the crushed oranges to the Jello.
5. Stir in 1/2 cup of orange soda.
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Photo courtesy rambleon
Of course, you can always make your Halloween Jello in a Jello mold. There are several really gross and creepy ones to choose from.
You can take your basic Jello mold and make it more Halloweeney if you like. This one is kind of fun.
This is a slightly more gross recipe. It is supposed to look like something you'd find in a grave after it's been sealed up for a few days. I especially like the cherry Kool Aid mix that looks like blood. The the marshmallow "teeth" are a nice touch too. Ewwwww!
1 six oz container of lime Jello
2 cups hot water
2 cups cold water
3/4 cup assorted Halloween themed gummy candy
3/4 cup green grapes, for eyeballs
1/2 envelope black cherry Kool-Aid mix
1.In a medium bowl, mix boiling water and Jello until the gelatin has dissolved.
2.Stir in 2 cups of cold water.
3.Refrigerate for about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Take the Jello out of the refrigerator. It will not be completely set yet. Pour 1/2 of the Jello into a clear glass bowl.
6.Place half of the gummy candies and grapes into the Jello. Make sure they don't sink all the way to the bottom of the gelatin.
7.Pour the rest of the Jello over the gelatin-candy mixture.
8. Add the rest of the candy and grapes.
8.Sprinkle the Kool-Aid mix on top of the gelatin.
9. Use a fork to swirl it around and mix the Kool-Aid mix and the Jello. Only mix it part way, make sure some of the Jello is still green.
9. Refrigerate for 2-3 more hours, until the Jello is completely firm.
Photo by halloweenalliance.com
Halloween Party and Recipe Books
Slimy Jello Worms
This was so disgusting, but so fascinating, I just HAD to include it. The trick to realistic worms is to use bendy straws...you know, the ones that bend at one end so the straw is easier to drink out of. Make sure you pull the "bendy" part out so it makes ridges on the finished worms. Serve the worms piled up on a plate, or surrounding a Jello brain for that extra gross factor.
1 six oz container purple Jello
3/4 oz. unflavored gelatin
3 cups of hot water
3/4 cups of whipping cream
green food coloring
plastic bendy straws
tall container, such as a pitcher, to hold straws upright
1. In a mixing bowl, mix plain and flavored Jello.
2. Add water and stir until the Jello is fully dissolved.
3. Allow Jello to cool until it is warm. You can also refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
4. Stir whipping cream into the Jello.
5. Add green food coloring until your gelatin gets that purpley-brown-grey color of earthworms. It will take about 10 drops or so.
6. Extend the bendy straws.
7. Place the straws upright in a pitcher or other tall container.
8. Pour the gelatin mixture over the straws. The straws should fill with Jello, with the extra gelatin filling the pitcher.
9. Refrigerate for 8 hours.
10. Remove straws from the pitcher.
11. Place 4-5 straws at a time under warm running water for a few seconds to loosen them up. This will make the "worms" come out of the straws more easily.
12. Remove the Jello from the straw casings. You may have to press on the straws to get them out.
13. Set the "worms" on waxed paper so that they are not touching each other. If they touch, they will stick together.
14. Refrigerate for at least two more hours to set.
15. Place on a plate or in a bowl and serve.
Photo courtesy craftster.org
I didn't like the way her eyeballs looked when they were done. But you can see how it's done and adapt it to your party. I'm thinking it would have looked better if she had used yellow Jello and the melon baller instead. Either way, they are totally gross.
Potty Jello is just how it sounds...absolutely disgusting. This recipe is sure to absolutely gross out all of your party guests. If you get a toddler potty seat to make it in, it is even worse! Just make sure you use a new potty seat. This is SO absolutely gross and disgusting. Make sure your party guests won't get too grossed out before serving this one!
Baby Ruth candy bars
1. Make the Jello according to the packaging.
2. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. When Jello is almost set, place Baby Ruth bars in the Jello.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Photo by sbuzz
Bleeding Zombie Brains
This is a great effect! Your Jello brains will actually bleed when you cut into them. Your party guests are sure to be grossed out by this one.