- Holidays and Celebrations
Donate Your Birthday To Charity Ideas
Celebrate For A Good Cause!
How about throwing a birthday party for charity? Instead of gifts, consider accepting donations to a cause you are truly passionate about. This lens will cover some wonderful ideas to throw a fabulous party worth gathering for! Both you and your guests will feel great about pitching in to help someone who needs a hand.
Why It's A Great Idea
Throwing a party for charity is a great way to celebrate your birthday, or an important event worth partying for! Using your special occasion to help others is a selfless act that will provide you with personal joy for years to come. I have provided a list of some great charity ideas to get you started in your planning, but of course feel free to let your imagination run wild! Make sure to let your guests know what your celebrating!
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~Winston Churchill
Find A Charity You're Passionate About
- Consider accepting toys to donate to your local children's hospital
- Accept shoe donations for Soles4Souls
- Accept book donations for Books For Africa
- Request pet food donations for your local animal shelter
- Request donations of new pajamas for foster children
- Accept canned food donations for your local food bank
- Request donations of hats and caps for cancer patients.
- Accept donations of new or gently used blankets, quilts, and sleeping bags for your local homeless shelter
- As always, cash donations to go to your selected charity are always a good idea as well!