★ Group Fancy Dress Costume Ideas | Halloween | Stag & Hen Parties ★
Fun and Creative Ideas for Fancy Dress Parties
If you and a group of friends are going to a fancy dress party, or you need costume ideas for a stag or hen party, this is the page for you!
Instead of having everyone arrive in unrelated costumes, you could pre-plan your costumes to be connected in some way....which makes it much more fun, and everyone can see you are all part of the same group.
I have collected together my favourite funny, unusual and cool ideas for group costumes and listed them below. You can use them to make your own DIY costumes, or to buy one from a shop.
I hope you find it useful :-)
Lego Man Characters
Funny Group Costumes on Amazon
If you don't want to make your own costume, or you don't have the time, there are some excellent options to be found online:
Group Fancy Dress Ideas
- Group of WAGS (i.e. wifes and girlfriends) - if there are males and females in the group, the girls could be WAGS and the boys could be footballers!
- Snow White and the 7 dwarfs, or another group of characters from a fairytale or Disney film - perhaps fairies, princesses, evil characters etc
- Spice Girls, Queen, The Village People or another music band.
- Bo Peep or farmer/shepherd with everyone else as sheep.
- Everyone dressed in a uniform - such as air hostesses, pilots, policemen/policewomen, firemen, french maids, soldiers, lollipop ladies, doctors, nurses, nuns etc
- Dress as pop icons - such as Madonna, Freddie Mercury, Rick Astley (lol!)
- If you are in a stag or hen party, everyone can dress like the stag/hen themselves (as a surprise) - but don't be too mean!
- You could go for the traditional spooky Halloween costumes - either all dressing as the same thing (such as ghosts, vampires or zombies), or everyone dressing as something different. You could also all dress as a horror movie character instead - such as The Joker, the evil Queen in Snow White or Freddie Krueger.
- Dress as film characters e.g. James Bond (perhaps with bond girls), Men in Black, Wolverine (with other X-men characters too), Edward Scissorhands, Shrek, Rocky Horror Picture Show etc.
- Dress as characters from books - choose a general book theme or a specific book such as Harry Potter, Oliver or a Roald Dahl book.
- Dress as comic book or cartoon characters.
- Dress as superheroes.
- Dress as something from your childhood, such as characters from your favourite childhood TV programme. Or dress as the job that you wanted to have when you were younger e.g. vet/fireman/astronaut etc
- Everyone could dress as a sterotype - like geeks, cheerleaders, jocks, chavs, guidos etc.
- Everyone dresses as a celebrity - it's fun for people to guess who you are dressed as.
- Dress as TV characters from programmes such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Spongebob Squarepants, Ugly Betty, the Simpsons, Glee, Scooby Doo etc
- Dress for a certain decade/style era, such as the 50's ('Grease' style with pedal pushers, 50's style scarf, peep-toe shoes, high ponytail), 60's (hippy) or the 90's (bum bags and leggings/legwarmers)
- You could choose a fictional family such as the Addams family or the Flintstones.
- Dress as animals, fantasy or real e.g. centaurs, lions, penguins etc.
- Dress up as historical figures - Tudors, Vikings, Ancient Egyptians, Victorians etc.
The Red Arrows
Team of Superheroes
More Halloween Group Costume Ideas
- Click here to see 20 of the best group costume ideas.
- Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompas.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Robin Hood and his merry men.
- Pink Ladies or the guys (led by John Travolta) from 'Grease'.
- Game characters such as the Mario bros, Pac-man and the ghosts etc.
- Bugsy Malone gangsters and/or flapper girls.
- Can-can dancers or belly dancers.
- Circus theme with the ringmaster, acrobats, jugglers, trapeze artists, clowns etc.
- Gangsters and/or gangster's molls.
- Cruella de Vil and dalmations.
- Charlie's Angels.
- A-team members.
- An angry mob.
- Cops and robbers.
- Group of American tourists (lots of maps, cameras, Hawaii shirts and sandals with socks!)
- Paparazzi - with trench coats and loads of cameras.
- A group of obvious looking spies.
- Plane/train spotters with geeky clothes, an anorak, a clipboard and glasses.
- Cowboys and cowgirls.
- Tarts and vicars.
- A freak show (3 headed people, the beard lady etc)
- Pirates and wenches.
- Kings and queens.
- Ventriloquist dummies.
- Knights of the round table, or musketeers.
- Click here for more ideas.
- Gods & Goddesses (Ancient Egyptian/Greek)
Travelling Exhibition of Modern Art
Pirates & Wenches
Fancy Dress Festival
I love the group of Freddie Mercurys!