Father's Day Brunch Ideas
Easy Father's Day Brunch Ideas
A Father's Day brunch is a great way to kick off the day with a special meal for the Dad in your life. Brunch is a laid-back meal that is always a lot of fun, because you can serve your favorite breakfast and lunch dishes at the same time! One of my favorite brunch dishes is a frittata, which is an egg dish that is started on the stovetop and finished in the oven. It is an easy way to make eggs for a large number of people at once.
One of the great parts about brunch is that there are many simple meal ideas that are flavorful, but still quick to put together. Not every dish has to be complicated like eggs benedict. Choose one main dish to focus on and then select several dishes that are easy to make or that you can put together the night before. That way, you will have plenty of time to spend with your Dad on Father's Day!
Frittata by Miles Gehm, on Flickr
Reproduced under Creative Commons 2.0
A frittata is an easy egg dish for brunch. It is cooked in a skillet and then sliced into wedges like a pie to serve. One of the best parts about this frittata recipe is that you can customize it however you like. Don't like spinach? Try chopped asparagus instead. Or, toss in 1/4 cup of diced onions and 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced. Switch up the cheese to use your favorite - mozzarella and feta are two delicious choices. Leave out the ham to turn the dish into a vegetarian option. Substitute your favorite fresh herbs in place of the parsley. The possibilities are endless (and delicious)!
Feel free to change the ingredients to make it the perfect Father's Day brunch recipe for your family!
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 eggs - beaten
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 ham - diced
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1) Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet or other oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Preheat the oven to broil.
- 2) Add the butter and melt.
- 3) Add the spinach and ham. Stir until the spinach is wilted and the ham is warmed.
- 4) Add the eggs, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- 5) Cook the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes without stirring, or until the mixture is mostly set.
- 6) Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for about 3 minutes. The frittata is done when the top is golden brown and it is set.
- 7) Remove from the oven and allow to sit for five minutes before slicing into wedges and serving.
Cookbooks for Brunch Recipes
I love brunch - after all, it combines all the best elements of breakfast and lunch, plus you can often serve a mimosa with the meal! If you are looking for more breakfast and brunch recipes, these cookbooks feature some of the best. They range from the classic to the modern, and the last cookbook even features vegan recipes that will please anyone.
Easy Father's Day Brunch Menu Items
You don't have to slave in the kitchen all morning to make complicated dishes for a great brunch. Choose one or two key dishes and add a few of these options to create a great brunch buffet.
- Spiral-sliced ham - Purchase a glazed and spiral-sliced ham and all you need to do is heat and serve when brunch comes around!
- French Toast Casserole - Combine the ideas of French toast and bread pudding for a great brunch dish that you can put together in advance. Instead of dunking each piece of toast in the egg custard, layer the toast in a casserole dish and pour the egg mixture over the top. You can even put this together the night before and refrigerate until you are reading to bake it!
- Fruit platters - A simple and beautiful fruit platter is great for any breakfast or brunch table. Fresh oranges, pineapple, grapes, berries and more can make a beautiful presentation. Select fruits in several different colors for a striking plate.
- Fruit & Yogurt Trifle - A trifle is a traditional layered dessert that typically features cake, pastry cream, and fruit or preserves. However, you can transform this dish into a breakfast item by using traditional breakfast items. Layer fresh berries in a large, clear bowl with yogurt and top with granola just before serving. These parfait ingredients just became more elegant!
Brunch Recipe Collections
There are tons of great food websites that feature free recipe databases. Check out these three for great lists (with pictures!) of yummy brunch ideas.
- Brunch Recipes: Recipes and Cooking: Food Network
Your favorite Food Network celebrity chefs share their brunch ideas and recipes. There are so many recipes available on the website that you are bound to find plenty that the Father in your life would love!
- Brunch Recipe Ideas: Better Homes & Garden
Better Homes & Garden's "Best Recipes" collections will make you hungry! This slideshow features yummy images of 33 great brunch dishes, plus the accompanying recipes.
- Healthy Brunch Recipes and Menus: Eating Well
Are member of your family trying to eat well? Check out this collection for recipes that are healthy AND delicious. After all, we all want the best for the great dads in our lives!
Do you have a favorite family tradition for celebrating Father's Day? Is there a great brunch recipe that you love? Share your thoughts and ideas here!