- Holidays and Celebrations
Flowering tea - a different floral gift
Flowering or blooming tea makes a floral gift with a difference
I find that it's always lovely to receive a bouquet of flowers for special occasions but their beauty fades away so quickly.
That's why I often choose to give flowering - or blooming - tea as a thoughtful and different gift at special times of year. But it's not just the drink, I particularly like the fabulous glass teapots that are available so that you can watch as the tea 'flowers' in front of your eyes.
The pellet, which has the appearance of a small bundle of natural leaves, opens when hot water is added making a gorgeous floral display. At the same time, the scent of the lovely beverage is released. This is a wonderfully calming experience and is a splendid start to the day or an 'anytime' treat.
The people I have given these to have always told me what a wonderful item I've given them because they enjoy it every day. That's especially important to me when my family are so far away - it's lovely to imagine them thinking of me every morning as they watch the apparently miraculous flower bloom and then enjoy a delicious drink. Imagining their pleasure gives me pleasure. It's like giving a bouquet of flowers every day.
Stunning teapot for your blooms
Why I - and the people I've given it to - love this
This has so many lovely features that it's hard to know where to start. But just read the following and you'll agree that this is the perfect item to give.
In addition to being a beautiful way to create delicious blooming tea:
- This is made of a particularly strong glass, similar to glass cookware, and it can even be used as a kettle on the stove top.
- It has a separate infuser which means that you can use it for regular tealeaves without the mess and without getting the leaves into your drink.
- It holds up to six cups so is perfect to use for guests - they can watch the pellet bloom in front of their eyes. In addition to making a lovely drink, it's also entertainment.
- Because it is make of high quality glass, it has no plastic or metal parts so no funky chemicals that can seep into your drink. This is something many people are concerned about today.
- It comes with twelve gorgeous blooming pods that are hand made - just to get you started. And each one can be used three or more times if they are stored in the fridge after use.
- By some miracle that I don't understand, the handle of this teapot remains cool to the touch, even when it's used as a kettle on the top of the stove.
- It comes at a great bargain price too!
If you were to buy this wonderful product from a local store, you'd have to package it extremely carefully to send it to the recipient. Ordering online takes away that problem.
By ordering online, you can have it wrapped and add a personal message too and be sure that in the unlikely event of there being any damage, the teapot will be replaced at once at no extra charge.
This lovely warmer is sold separately and is a great addition to your gift. As you can see, a simple tea-light is all that's needed to keep the contents warm so you'll be saving electricity and power resources. It also a very attractive piece in its own right.
The photograph shows how the teapot can be used with the infuser to make regular tea using loose leaves. This is great if you, like me, buy loose leaves and experiment with different flavors and blends..
This is a lovely accessory and of course, can be used with other dishes as well as the glass teapot.
It will keep your drink warm at just the right temperature for up to four hours without damaging the flavor.
If you're buying this with the pot for someone else, there's no need to add a tea-light as this is already included. This enhances the gift beautifully.
See the 'daily bouquet of flowers' - Examples of blooming teaClick thumbnail to view full-size
I always add this selection of teas when I'm sending this lovely treat. They add even more variety and spectacle.
This sampler contains four different varieties - two of each - and also come along with an explanatory history of blooming teas and full instructions too.
Remember - tea isn't just for serving warm. Make a delicious iced version using your flowering bulbs. The if you like to add sweetener to your iced drink, the best way to do this is add it to the hot water before you brew. Use sugar, honey or the sweetener of your choice. Add ice cubes to cool the beverage and add more just before serving. Because the first ice you add will melt, it's best to fill the pot only about two-thirds full with hot water. Your iced drink will look wonderful served in the teapot, complete with its flower.
Add sliced fruit to each glass if you wish for a refreshing cool drink.
See examples of how beautiful the flowers are when they are created. Every one is different and it's almost magical, the way the flowers bloom and grow,
More gift ideas for the home
- Colour-coded cutting boards for food safety
Colour coded chopping boards are essential in catering establishments to ensure hygiene. But they are also available for homes. We should take a lesson from the experts & keep our families healthy.
- British food & treats: Great gift idea
Are you looking for a great gift idea for British people living in the USA? What could be better than a selection of high quality British foods? These are perfect for Anglophiles too. Read on.
- Bronnley Lemon Soap: A luxury gift
This is a truly delightful English that unleashes the aromas of the English countryside. It's a luxury that we can afford every day and makes a beautiful gift.
All photographs from Amazon, where you can order the above products.
© 2013 Jackie Jackson