- Holidays and Celebrations
Strawberry Pizza for the Holidays
If you Love Pizza, you will Love Strawberry Pizza
Two of the strangest yet tastiest combinations are strawberries and pizza.
Well, it really isn't a pizza that you bake, it is a dessert Pizza on sugar cookie dough that is baked.
If you are looking to break from the traditional this holiday season, this is the way to go. Instead of cherry or pumpkin pie, why not bring out a strawberry pizza? Don't tell anyone and just serve it and surprise everyone.
The reaction, especially after tasting this, should be fantastic.
Take a look around; I have included some other fun strawberry things on this website.
Thanks for stopping by.
The Final Dish - Yes, it is Delicious!
Fruit on a Pizza?
When I was growing up, we rarely had pizza, let alone a dessert pizza.
Throughout the years, I learned to appreciate pizza and my favorite were the personal pizzas made by Italians in restaurants in Germany.
During my early years with pizza, we only ate pizza with pepperoni or sausage and the standard toppings. One day, while eating at a restaurant with a pizza buffet, I noticed that there was pizza there that had pie toppings on it. Although the dough was still the same as regular pizza, it was my first experience with a dessert-type pizza.
Since then, I have seen many pizzas that have just about anything on them, including fruit. My friends used to like pineapple but I have had pizza with apples, peaches and even strawberries.
The strawberry pizza recipe that I have below is quite tasty. It has a cooked crust of sugar cookie dough and the rest is not cooked.
Please enjoy and let me know what you think!.
- (1) 18 ounce tube of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- (1) 8 ounce package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (store brand is ok)
- (1) Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- (1) Cup of Powdered Sugar
- (1) Package of Strawberry Glaze
- (1) Package of Strawberries (Slice and Hulled)
- (2) Cups of Frozen Whipped Topping
- 1) Roll out the cookie dough on a 14 inch pizza pan and bake per instructions on the package. Let it cool.
- 2) In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, whipped topping, vanilla and sugar.
- 3) Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.
- 4) Top the mixture with glaze and strawberries.
- 5) Chill before serving so it will set
Your Experiences with Strawberry Pizza
Have you ever had Strawberry Pizza?
24 Pages of Fantastic Strawberry Recipes
If you love strawberries and want to use them in recipes, this is the book for you.
This book has 24 pages of fabulous strawberry recipes and best of all, you can get it immediately through Kindle. This will be a great last minute reference for you if you need a recipe but all of the bookstores are closed!
The Top Ten YouTube Strawberry Pizza Videos - Just in case you don't like my recipe!
The Best 14 Inch Pizza Pan on the Market - by Cuisinart with Free Shipping
Any strawberry pizza needs a good pan. This is one of the best.
The recipe that I have given you requires a 14 inch pan and guess what? This one can be delivered in 2 days via Amazon Prime for FREE.
You will undoubtedly use this for many other pizzas besides the strawberry variety.