- Holidays and Celebrations
Giraffe Costumes for Toddlers, Kids and Adults
Where to buy the best giraffe costumes online
Of all the animals in the jungle, the giraffe is my very favorite - it is so big but it is actually very shy. Let's face it, the giraffe is one of a kind and makes a unique costume idea for parties, dress up and Halloween. This page showcases a wonderful selection of cute and cuddly giraffe costumes for babies and toddlers, kids and adults. But if you prefer to make your own costumes, I've included all you will need to create your own giraffe costume from videos and links for costumes and makeup and for giraffe costume accessories.
Have fun playing the part of this gentle giant. Scroll through for ideas for the perfect animal costume.
Best Giraffe Costumes for Toddlers
Cute Costume for Toddlers
Velvety soft, this plush giraffe costume is just the thing for dressing your toddler in on Halloween night. It features a one-piece jumpsuit with horns tail and feet covers.
Toddler's First Costume - Animal costume for toddlers
What a great little costume for your little one's first Halloween. The jumpsuit is warm and comfortable and the giraffe print and gentle giraffe face will make her look adorable. There are mitts to keep her warm and shoe covers to complete the outfit. Easy snaps closures for those essential nappy changes.
Popular Giraffe Costumes for Babies and Toddlers
It'll be hard to get her out of this costume - it is very comfortable and really warm with special 'hoof' mittens for cold Halloween days.
I like that this costume is all in one - tail and hood, everything attached so nothing to get lost.
I love the face on this giraffe - it is the ideal costume for an active toddler.
Best Giraffe Costumes for Kids
Georgie Giraffe Funsie Kids Costume
This is an easy costume for kids to wear - a pajama style jumpsuit with hood in giraffe print. Swinging tail and cute giraffe face on the hood just finishes it off nicely.
10 Fun Facts about Giraffes
- The only wild giraffes live in Africa.
- They are easily the world's tallest land animal. Male giraffe reach anything between 16 and 18 feet in height with the females slightly smaller at 14 to 16 feet tall.
- They eat mainly the acacia tree leaves wrapping their tongue around the leaves and pulling. They take almost all their water from the leaves although they can drink from ponds and river by splaying their feet to allow their neck to reach far enough down to drink.
- A giraffe's tongue is 18 inches long and is black or dark purple in color.
- They are actually rather shy creatures and their coloring is ideal for them blending into bush and forest despite their height.
- Their only predator is the lion but they have been known to kill a lion with its strong kick.
- A female carries her fetus for 15 months and gives birth standing up.
- They can sleep on the ground but tend to sleep standing up and leaning against a tree.
- They need to spend 15 - 20 hours a day feeding and will forage over considerable distances. They have 4 stomachs.
- The Ancient Romans and Greeks called them camelopardalis thinking they were a hybrid breeding of a camel and a leopard.
Best Giraffe Costumes for Adults
Plush and Comfortable Costume for Adults
Fancy being a giraffe for a while?
This costume will fits most adults, male or female and is a one-piece jumpsuit in plush material.
There is a matching giraffe headpiece topped off with a giraffe face.
This is a great costume for Halloween and fancy dress parties or even as a mascot costume.
Giraffe Makeup Tutorials
Best Giraffe Accessories
Make dressing up easy with these cute shirts and hoods.
These giraffe accessories are a great way of creating your own costume. The kit includes a hood with a giraffe face and gloves that look like paws. Pair them up with yellow or brown and black shoes and you have an outfit.
If you use these to create a giraffe look it is a great time to try out face paints and makeup to complete the look.
How to Make Cheap Giraffe Costumes
If you look at pictures of giraffes you will see the things you want to concentrate on to make a good giraffe costume are:
- tail - the longest in the animal kingdom by the way
- the long neck
- the tiny soft horns
- the ears
- the spots
These links show you how to create a great DIY costume:
- How to Make an Inexpensive Giraffe Costume
This guide will help you create a unique giraffe costume for as little as $20 in only 1.5 hours.
- DIY Halloween Costumes: Giraffe - AllYou.com
DIY Halloween Costumes Giraffe: This DIY kid's Halloween costume is cute and simple to make.
- How to make a giraffe costume
Disguise yourself as an exotic creature with this giraffe costume.
Giraffe Masks on Sale
Animal masks are great for parties and giraffe masks are no exception.