- Holidays and Celebrations
Memorable Party Centerpieces For A Graduation Or Other Special Event
Photo Flower Bouquet
When both of my daughters graduated from high school I wanted to have lots of pictures displayed at their graduation open houses. I had the usual bulletin boards and photo albums but I had SO MANY PICTURES!! And, of course they were all so very cute that I wanted as many as possible displayed.
I also had to come up with party centerpieces. Each of the long tables needed a couple plus the display tables and food and beverage tables....I knew I couldn't just scatter pictures around but I wanted to incorporate my photos somehow.
After a little thought, I came up with the photo flower bouquet idea. It was the perfect way to incorporate my pictures into centerpieces and my girls loved it too. The second child's party is always easier than the first as long as they don't mind a couple of duplicate ideas. I will definitely have to come up with another centerpiece idea for my son though!
Party Centerpiece Instructions
- construction paper
- two twigs
- floral leaves
- craft sand
- small pails or flower pots
- For each flower, cut out four different flower shapes close to the same size.
- Glue two of them together for a layered petal look. You can bend some of the petals to look more realistic. Do the same for the other two shapes.
- Now glue each of these two glued sections together at the edges, leaving the center open for a twig stem.
- Using a circle cutter or a circle template and scissors, cut out your photos and glue one to each side of flower. For square pictures, round the corners with a corner rounder.
- Insert a small twig through center of flower.
- Fill pails or flower pots with craft sand. I used the pails because I could get them very inexpensively through Oriental Trading.
- Insert flower into sand. Add some leaf greenery.
If you are making graduation party centerpieces, use construction paper and craft sand that are the school colors to add a little spirit.
For a birthday party, you could use a favorite color or a color that coordinates with a theme you have going.
More Graduation Party Ideas
More Party Ideas
- How to Host a Wine and Cheese Party
I recently held my first Wine & Cheese Party on Valentine's Day and it was so much fun! I would like to share my tips with you so that you can host a fabulous party as well. 1. Send out fun invitations well...
- Easy Dinner Party - Planning A Progressive Dinner
Planning a dinner party for a large group is easy when you can divide the responsibilities. A progressive dinner is a fun party idea where the dinner courses are spread between three or four houses.