- Holidays and Celebrations
Gift Ideas for Mom
Great Gift Ideas for Mom
With Christmas just around the corner, sometimes coming up with unusual gift ideas for mom is not so much about buying an unusual gift as it is about coming up with an idea of presenting it in a special way, or creating something unique.
There are some very simple and easy things you can put together with a little imagination (and some help from me ;) ) that will surprise and delight your mom beyond her expectations.
And once you've read through my suggestions here, you may be happy to go ahead and use some of them - or... it may get your imagination going and you may well come up with some fabulous new ideas!
Here's a lovely surprise for Mom - a Diary with a Difference...
* Vouchers / Tickets
1. Buy tickets to movies/ concerts/ plays you know your mom would love to see
2. Create homemade vouchers for lunches, dinners, days out and/or other treats
3. Place the tickets and vouchers amongst the pages of the diary for your mom to discover
Although this is called a desk diary, it's still small and light enough to carry in a shoulder bag or medium to large purse - so, it has the advantage of being large enough to keep track of the whole family's activities, while still being portable enough to carry around. It's a 17 month planner, divided into Mom and Family spaces, with week-at-a-glance on the right side of each page spread. There are pockets in the front and back covers - which are great for receipts, notes, instructions, directions etc. The 52 weeks' worth of perforated grocery and "to do" lists at the back are a brilliant addition , and there's plenty of room on the day pages for notes. It really is the ultimate Mom's Diary and Planner!
Tips for This Gift
* You could also place little inspirational notes and/ or photographs in the diary
* Put something special in the page for her birthday
* You could include vouchers for spa treatments, a day off (where you do all the housework) and museums or exhibitions you know she'd like
My Perfect Husband Talking Picture Frame - Pop a photo of Dad in this frame - it'll bring hours of fun and teasing to both of them! :)
This fabulously fun talking picture frame speaks 10 phrases, including: "No, you take the remote, anything you want to watch is OK with me."; "I'd LOVE to watch that chick flick with you. I'll bring the Kleenex."; "Everything looks great on you, honey - just buy them both."... and seven others. Either get Dad in on the surprise... or put his photo into this frame without his knowing, and surprise them both! ;)
Talking Photo Album
One of the best gift ideas for Mom!
Tips for This Gift
* Get each member of the family to record a message
* Use music your mom loves that relates to a particular photo - or even sing: "Happy Birthday" for example :)
* At the end of the album, add a photo of somewhere you're going to take her as a treat and record a message saying "Surprise!"
Personalized Photo Coasters
This is an absolutely gorgeous gift for moms and grandmothers! These coasters come in packs of two, beautifully presented - tied with a sheer organza ribbon. They're made of high quality pearlized glass, and have four padded "feet" to protect surfaces. The coasters come with the message shown: "For You" already inserted and you can replace it with a photo of yourself, yourself and your siblings - or a photo of each of her children in separate coasters... or loving messages. An inexpensive but beautifully personal gift for Mom and Grandma!
Heart Shaped Crystal Flash Drive for Mom
This beautiful heart-shaped USB flash drive makes a fabulous gift for mom - record some of her favorite music, or songs that say what you want to say to her. Or, you could create a collage of photos and songs that represent great memories. A wonderfully personal gift for Mom!
A Box of Love
Warm Mom's Heart
Here's something you can create from nothing and without spending any money, but the effect will be priceless!
* Box or similar container - you can cover it with paper or fabric
* Scotch Tape
1. Write 365 notes (see tips for what to write below) - a year's supply of daily messages - they don't have to be long, just a few words. They can be as simple as "I love you Mom!" or "Thank you for being the best mom in the world" or "Have a Great Day, Love..." Or use inspirational quotes.
2. Fill the box with the notes and seal it with the tape
3. Cut a slit in the top of the box so your mom can reach in and take out a message each day
4. Decorate with the ribbon
Tips for this Gift
* Keep a pen and notepad with you and next to your bed so that you can write a message on it for your mom whenever you think of it - this will be easier than trying to come up with 365 messages at once.
* Get the whole family to contribute messages
* Use photos and drawings as some of the notes
Great Stocking Filler Ideas for Mom
Keep Mom from slip-sliding away! These traction slip-ons are a great stocking-filler to keep Mom safely out and about.
A crib apron for Mom - no more guessing, or fumbling through cookbooks or conversion tables... not even any reason to Google how long to cook that bird for!
Another Idea for the Photo Frame Room Divider...
Start at the bottom with photos of the kids as babies, and place photos of them as they grow, going up the frames of the divider!
These make fun gifts for the "financially challenged" mom with a sense of humor :)
I WOULD Jog... But the ice would fall out of my glass
More great stocking fillers....
For moms with good intentions.... ;)
"I don't need anger management. I just need people to stop p***ing me off!"
"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the oven!"
Brilliant Gift Idea - Great Reaction! :)
Take a look at this fabulous reaction - This mom's family cut out the pages in a Financial Management book, and placed a Kindle inside it. They then wrapped the book as her gift!
Presentation is Everything...
If you'd like to do the same for your mom as the video above, cut out the middle section of the pages in an old book, wrap the Kindle separately, and place it inside the book (you could do this with other special gifts as well of course). Then wrap the book... and wait for the reaction :)
Actually, although they wrapped the Kindle in the video, I think it would have an even better effect if the Kindle was bare naked - so that as she opens the book she immediately sees the Kindle without having to unwrap it. But of course, go with what you think would be most fun for your mom. :)
Kindle Fire for Mom - Hide it in a book, or in the pocket of a new robe, so that it's a surprise!
Pampering Mom in Style
Moms are seldom pampered, and even when they're offered the opportunity, they usually need convincing that it's okay to take some time out for themselves.
If your mom spends all her time looking after everyone else, here's a great idea for a gift for her:
Place a little bottle of wine in one pocket of the luxury bath robe, and a little box of her favourite chocolates in the other. Wrap the robe around the hamper and spa sound machine, and then wrap the lot in Christmas paper and ribbon.