- Holidays and Celebrations»
Halloween Chip and Dip
Why Chip & Dip?
Do you remember when it was enough to open a couple of bags of potato chips or tortilla chips, put out the good old Ranch dressing and jarred salsa and call it a party. Expectations were pretty low when it came to party fare. Guests didn't expect much more than the basics.
Now with everyone on the internet, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest our expectations for great looking and fun party food and carefully crafted themed parties (especially our Halloween parties) changed the way we view all of our holiday gatherings. Party givers are going all out for festive food feasts!
Consider the ordinary chip... this can be tortilla (all kinds and colors), potato (healthier options are available including sweet potato), gingersnap, graham crackers (or other small cookies), veggie chips, pita chips,bagel chips, apple or pear slices, fresh vegetables (all kinds but grape tomatoes, baby carrots, celery are the most popular)
The dip can be traditional...(just modified with inexpensive Halloween decorations) or renamed to match the holiday, or it seems like you can't go wrong with anything that involves pumpkin.
A recent Pinterest search for Halloween chip and dip brought up some delicious and some stomach churning ideas:
- Spooky Halloween 7-Layer Dip: The traditional seven layer dip upgraded with a sour cream spider web and some plastic spiders
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Dip: An easy whipped and sweetened pumpkin dip that can be served in a fresh pumpkin. Variations include using pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin flavored pudding, whipped topping
- The "not for the weak stomach" Puking Pumpkin: A fresh pumpkin is arranged so that it looks like it's puking "spinach dip" or "guacamole" Kids seem to love this one! (see the video below)
- Caramel Dip: Simple caramel sauce with apple or pear sliced "dippers"
- Black Bean Dip: Another one modified with a sour cream spider web
- Frankenstein Chip and Dip: Easily arranged with Blue Corn tortilla chips and a guacamole face, sour cream eyes and black olive details
Chip and Dip in Fun Costumes
When you're planning a Halloween party you want everything to be perfect.
If you love carrying through the Halloween theme you'll love these detailed Chip and Dip serving pieces. No boring bowl to scare your guests away! Makes even the common chip and dip snack festive with these October themed serving dishes.
Bowls including a vampire's coffin, a blood shot eyeball, a witches cauldron or a smiling skull hold your favorite chips; while the two skeleton hands hold your favorite dips!
Halloween Dip Recipes
Halloween parties are successful when the host and/or hostess follows the Halloween theme throughout the party including the Halloween party menu items. What's more ghoulishly fun Ranch dip or Guacamoldy with Creature Chips? The point is have fun with your Halloween menu.
Do some research and brainstorm on how your traditional party recipes can be updated with a fun Halloween name. Think scary, creepy and fun! Most likely your kids can come up with some clever names too!
Dip Recipes for your next Halloween Party
- Spooky Halloween 7 Layer Dip Recipe – Six Sisters' Stuff
Spider Dip is a shrimp and cocktail sauce recipe decorated to look like a spider web. This easy and fun appetizer dip recipe is decorated to look like a spider web.
- Halloween Brain Dip
A hollowed out brain (cauliflower) makes the perfect serving dish for green brain matter (avocado)
- Easy dips for your next Halloween Party
Easy halloween recipes for kids: your children will love these fun to make party recipes.
- Goblin Bean Dip with Bone Crackers < 15 Halloween Party Appetizers and Drink Recipes - Southern L
These easy Halloween party appetizers and drink recipes will be the haunting hit of your party.
Halloween Dip Recipes
Chips and dip are popular at every party but at Halloween it's fun to take chips and dip to the next level! Try these fun Halloween dips or experiment with the classics and come up with your own names.
Need some visual help in putting together your Halloween Chip and Dip Recipes? These Halloween party videos might help.