Halloween Costume Ideas for Pregnant Women
Pregnant Ladies Like Halloween Too!
My sister-in-law is pregnant this Halloween season and in honor of her, I am doing an article about Halloween costumes for pregnant women. After all, why should they be left out of all the fun!
I've done some research on this subject and women are extremely creative when it comes to using their baby bumps as part of their costume! They have done everything from painting their pregnant bellies just like other round objects such as faces and fruit , to using their condition as a big gag.
This lens has ideas with costumes you can buy and a lot that are home-made, but all of them are FUNNY and celebrate pregnancy. Have fun!
Picture borrowed from Parents.com, Submitted by Shannon Z. of Conshohocken, PA
Costumes you Can Make at Home
Here's a list of costume ideas you can simply have painted on your belly.
1. Jack O' lantern
2. Ball: beach ball, soccer ball, basketball, baseball
3. Face: You could draw a face on your tummy and dress the rest of yourself up as the body for the face.
5. Easter Egg
6. Porthole: with a picture of a baby's face in it (Womb with a view)
7. Picture of the baby and umbilical cord
8, 3D Animal: turtle, penguin, shark, cow, pig, snail
9. Food: Pumpkin, bowl of fruit, watermelon, cantaloupe, egg or egg yolk
Painted costumesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Get Body Paints for a Cheap Halloween Costume
Ways to Incorporate your Bump as Part of your Costume
Here are some suggestions on how to have a regular costume, but use your bump as part of it. You could use these if you are in a colder climate on Halloween and want your belly to be covered up. These are really great ideas! I wish I would've thought of them when I was pregnant with my second child!
1. 8 ball: Wear a black sweat suit and paint a white circle on the front of your belly with an "8" on it.
2. Egg yolk: Wear a white sweat suit and paint a yellow circle over your belly.
3. Anyone with a beer gut: Think truck driver, trailer trash guy, Homer Simpson?
4. Pregnant prom queen: Wear a nice dress with a tiara and a sash that says "Prom Queen" and carry a bouquet. This costume takes a certain sense of humor though, it might be considered edgy.
5. An Eyeball: White shirt with a painted eyeball on the front, red lines all over for the blood vessels.
6. Mike from "Monsters Inc."
7. Pregnant Skeleton: Wear a black sweat suit and paint bones on your arms and rib cage and a tiny skeleton where your belly is.
Use your BumpClick thumbnail to view full-size
Use your bump and your costume to start a theme for your whole family or your significant other!
There are lots of pregnant women on T.V. and in the movies that you can dress up as. Dress up as your favorite pregnant celebrity and have your partner join in on the fun too!
Here's a picture of Juno and her boyfriend to start you out. For more ideas, look below.
Family/Couple ThemesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Stuff you can Stick ON your Pregnant Belly
You don't have to just paint your belly to make it look cool. Some mommies have been creative enough to glue or tape things to their bellies to help with their Halloween Costume!
Imagine walking around as the solar system or having an alien popping out of your belly! What a way to freak people out!
A Few Other IdeasClick thumbnail to view full-size
Costumes that Cover Up your Pregnant Belly
Sometimes a pregnant lady doesn't necessarily want to use her belly as part of her costume, but she still wants a costume and needs one that discreetly covers it up.
Here are a few choices you can use that won't exactly show off your belly, but will make good use of it just the same.
Costumes that Cover Up Your BellyClick thumbnail to view full-size
Maternity Halloween Costumes
Disco Ball Video
Ever thought about being a Disco ball for Halloween? Well, now's your chance!
How to Make Another Disco Ball Costume
What a great idea! Glamour, Glitz, Sparkle! I love this idea! Here's how she did it: Disco Ball Costume
Some of my Favorite Halloween Lenses
- The Best Halloween Coffee Mugs of 2011
Love Halloween? Looking for a Halloween coffee mug? The best Halloween coffee mug? I have gathered together the best Halloween coffee mugs ever...you are su
Have a Happy, Safe and Fun Halloween!
I hope this lens has given you some great ideas on what to do for a Halloween costume this year if you're pregnant!
I have to give a shout-out to Parents.com, and coolest-homemade-costumes.com for a lot of the photos on this lens.
Also be sure to check out Thrifty Fun for even MORE great costume ideas JUST for pregnant women!