Halloween Costume Swap Party
Halloween Costume Swap Party
If you are up for a ghoulish good time, have a Halloween Costume Swap Party. A Halloween Costume Swap Party is a party where the guests bring their old costumes to swap with others. A Halloween Swap party allows you the chance to get together and have some fun with friends and to recycle and save money. A kids Halloween Swap Party allows the moms, or families, to get together and the kids a chance to have some fun playing dress up with all the costumes.
Halloween Costume Swap Party Directions
1. The first thing to planning a Halloween Swap Party is to decide on a location, date and time. The location can be your home, a place of business, a local church, a local park or your backyard. Any place that is large enough to hold your guests and all the costumes.
2. The next step is to invited your guests to your Halloween Swap Party. Mail invitations, send an e-vite or make a simple flyer. Send the invites at least 2 weeks before your party date. The more people you invite, the better the costume selection. If you are have a kids costume swap, you'll want to make sure that most of the kids are about the same age and size.
3. In the invitation ask each guest to bring at least one used Halloween costume for swapping. If they bring 2 costume, they will swap for 2 costumes. If they bring 3 costumes, they will swap for 3 costumes, and so on.
4. Next, plan a menu for your Halloween Swap Party. Decide if you want to just serve drinks, drinks and appetizers or if you want to serve lunch or dinner. If you are on a tight budget then consider asking your guests to bring an appetizer or dessert to share.
5. On the day of the party, set up a large table for all the costumes to be displayed on. Be sure there is enough room around the table for people to stand and browse the costumes. It also helps to separate costume elements into piles such as wigs, hats, masks, dresses, pants, shirts, jewelry, etc. You may want to put some of the Halloween costumes on hangers and hang them around the room. As the guests arrive, have them deposit their Halloween costumes on the table or to hang them on hangers. Set up a separate table for food and/or drinks.
6. After the guests have had a chance to mingle and browse the costumes, let the swapping begin! Remind your guests that they are only allowed to swap for the same number of costumes that they brought to the party. Consider providing each guest with a ticket that indicates the number of Halloween costumes that they brought to trade. For example, if one guest brought two costumes to trade, then the same guest can show a marked ticket and leave with two different costumes.
7. You may have costumes left over at the end of the night. If no one wants them, please don't throw them away....donate to your local Goodwill or shelter... or even a preschool. The preschool may use them for the kids to play dress-up.
Halloween Swap Party Invitations
Customize the front and back of these flat card Halloween invitations for free! No minimum order required. Orders are shipped in 24 hours! Save 10% on orders of 25 or more invitations. Each party invitation comes with an envelope.
Click on any invite to start customizing.
Halloween Party Supplies
Have you ever....
Have you ever been to a Halloween Swap Party?
Halloween Swap Party Suggestions
1. Get your party goers in the Halloween mood by playing some fun Halloween music during your costume swap.
2. Serve Halloween theme drinks with names like swamp juice, pumpkin smoothies or bloody Maries (for adults)
3. Ask every guest to come to the party with a list of 5 ideas for homemade Halloween costumes. That way if you don't end up swapping costumes then at least you have a long list of ideas for making an inexpensive homemade costume.
4. Play Halloween theme party games.
Skeleton Punch Bowl
Costumes - Purchase or Homemade?
Do you usually purchase or make your Halloween costume?
Join Me On Squidoo!
Join me on Squidoo!
Sign up is easy...and free!
Do you like to write? Blog? Write on Squidoo...and you can generate money while you do! Write about things you know and that are of interest to you. Write about your family, pet, last vacation, garden, last concert attended, your town, a cause or organization. The ideas are endless! You can keep the money you earn on Squidoo or donate to your favorite charity. Squidoo is easier than you think. Its free and fun too!