- Holidays and Celebrations
Smurfs Halloween Costumes Tips to Make or Buy
Make or Buy Your Smurf Costume ~ They're Smurfy Good Fun
The Smurfs Halloween Costumes~looks like it will be a blue Halloween this year as kids want to become their favorite Smurf character. You can find Smurf Halloween costumes for babies, little kids, and even for those big kids that remember the Smurfs from their childhood. Heck, even your pet can have a Smurf costume.
Some people will choose to buy a Smurf costume, and some will choose to make one. Whichever you choose I have included both some tips for making one and the materials needed as well as Smurf Costumes already made.
We Want To Know If You Are Buying Or Making Your Smurf Costume
Do you plan to make or buy your Smurfs Costume?
Tips for Making Your Own Smurf or Smurfette Costume
Some people will choose to buy a Smurf costume, and some will choose to make one. Here are tips for making your own Smurf costume.
- Smurfs are blue- Blue face paint is one option, or you can buy one of The Smurfs masks that are available. You will need a sponge to apply the makeup or face paint.
- All Smurfs have the same color clothing except Papa Smurf and Gargamel. White Trousers (pants), blue shirt, white shoes and a white hat.
- Papa Smurf has a red hat and red trousers (pants)
- All Smurfs have blue tails Smurf tails are small and round. You can make these with one of the Smurf Blue colors, like Royal Blue.
- The Smurfs Smurfette Costume has a white dress and white shoes and hat. Her legs are blue, and you can get a pair of blue tights (stockings) then use a blue face paint for her face.
- Smurf Mittens You could either buy the official Smurf Mittens, or just buy a pair of Smurf Blue Mittens from your favorite store.
- Long sleeved blue shirts these work best because it is usually cold out, plus the shirt covers the arms, so you won't need to color them.
- All Smurfs are named after their personality or interests Accessorize your Smurfs Costume to match your favorite Smurf. If Brainy is your favorite, get a pair of big glasses (plastic framed ones) or take a pair of old glasses and pop the glass out for your child. Handy Smurf has a toolbox, Artist Smurf has a paint set, etc.
- For Babies and Toddlers You can buy a sweatsuit that is blue and white, or just white sweat pants and a blue hoodie and put an iron on patch on it. This way your child stays warm, and they can wear the outfit again.
Making a Smurf Tail
All Smurfs have blue tails: You can make these with pom-poms or anything round. Attach by sewing, velcro, or a safety pin if you run out of time.
Smurf Nose - With Makeup
Latex Body Paint is NOT Recommended by Manufacturer
You may have seen, or heard, about using a latex body paint to get that Smurfy blue look. However, the latex is not recommended because it sticks to hair and is painful to remove. It also doesn't come off with soap and water!
Colors for Smurf Blue
To make a Smurf Costume use either royal blue, or dark blue. This works for the Smurf tail and for your Smurf shirt. Long sleeved shirts are best to hide your non-blue skin.
Blue Gnome/Smurf Blue Body Paint and White Gnome Hat
For UK Shoppers
If you want to be a Blue Gnome or a Smurf, the two things you will want are blue face paint and a gnome hat. If you are making your own costume you can make your own Gnome/Smurf hat.
The Snazaroo Blue Face Paint here is enough for a whole body, or a house full of little Smurfs, or Blue Gnomes, to paint their faces. The White Gnome hat is an adult size , but they also come in smaller sizes. There are several Gnome Costumes for both adults and children, some that don't look at all like The Smurfs, but are fun. Click here for Amazon.UK's selection of Gnome Costumes.
SNAZAROO PROFESSIONAL SKY BLUE FACE PAINT
Adult White Gnome Hat-Perfect for Smurfs
Painting Your Face Smurf Blue
making your own Smurf costume you will want a blue face
To paint your face blue like The Smurfs pick the Neptune Blue, and apply it with a sponge. The good news is that this face paint is easily removed with soap and water.
Halloween Nail Art for Smurfette
Making a Smurfette Costume
This is pretty easy, blond hair, a white dress and shoes, and blue tights. The good news is your child can wear the dress, shoes and tights again after Halloween.
Kids Smurf Hat - Smurfs Costume Accessories
Smurfs Iron On - make your own Smurfs Costume with a Smurf Iron On
Make your own Smurf Costume with these Smurf Iron On's.
Toddler Smurfs Costume
Adorable Smurf Halloween Costume can also be worn for a Smurf Party at another time.
Fun Smurf Halloween Mini Book - Smurfs Halloween Comic
As your child is getting ready for their trick or treating why not give them this little book to entertain them. You could also just put it into their bag as a Halloween treat.
Ready Made Smurf Costumes in the UK - if you're in the UK here are some places to find Smurf Costumes
- UK Shop with Smurf Costumes
Adult Smurfette Wig Blonde, Child Boy Smurf Costume, Adult Smurfette Costume and Adult Smurf Costume.
I hope as a Smurf Collector myself that I have offered you something of value on this page. If you are going to make your Smurf Costume, or buy one did you find this page useful?