- Holidays and Celebrations»
cute halloween craft clothespin and coffee filter bats
coffee filter bats
What you'll need:
- 1 basket type coffee filter
- Purple and black watercolor paints
- 1 miniature wooden clothespin
- Black or purple acrylic paint
- 2 small wiggle eyes
- White scrap of paper
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Paint the clothespin either black or purple acrylic paint and set aside to dry.
- Cut coffee filter in half.
- Paint one half of the filter with black watercolor paint and the other half with purple watercolor paint. Let dry.
- When filters are dry, place the purple half on top of the black half so that they line up.
- Pinch the filter with your fingers, gathering the paper in the center of the straight edge.
- Open the clothespin and clamp the gathered end of the filter inside the clothespin.
- Add a dab of white glue in the clamp.
- Use scissors to cut half circles from the rounded wings to resemble a bat's wings.
- Use the color differentiation between the black and purple sides of the coffee filter as a guide.
- Cut jagged edges along the circular side of the half circle to further define the shape of the bat wings.
- Glue two wiggle eyes to the front of the clothespin.
- Cut two small triangular fangs from white paper and glue to the clothespin "jaws".
- Attach these cute bats to curtains, plants, anywhere they will grab onto.
- Suspend these bats from the ceiling by tying a piece of fishing line to the clothespin and pushing a thumbtack into the ceiling.
- Instead of purple, try red for a different look!
What's your favorite thing about Halloween
How do you feel about bats