Terrifying Milano Cookie Tombstone Rice Krispies Cake
Something's Cooking in the Graveyard
Everyone is fascinated with a graveyard at Halloween and what better way to commemorate that fascination than to make a Halloween Tombstone Cake.
Two of my favorite desserts have been combined here. I could eat a whole bag of Milano Cookies just by myself and who doesn't love Rice Krispie Treats?
You can be very creative with this cake and it will be the centerpiece to your Halloween party.
I recommend that you make this cake and please send me a virtual slice. If nothing else, please tell me if this was the hit of the party.
Thank you for visiting.
Are You Dangerously Hungry for a Fantastic Halloween Dessert?
Every Halloween, things advance so much in creativity that it is hard to imagine what will come out during the next season.
This year, I wanted to make a dent in the holiday planning by presenting this very simple Halloween Cake. While I could eat any component all by itself, the combination is a taste sensation.
Some Halloween desserts have great presentation but many of them do not taste good. Let's face it, how many variations of bloody jello can you make?
Sure to please, I hope this one is satisfying to your sweet tooth, or should I say sweet "fang."
- 1 1/3 Cups of Butter - Not Margarine!
- About 30 Marshmalloes - This is usually about half a bag
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla or Vanilla Extract
- 6 Ounces of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Multicolor Sprinkles for the Dirt
- Brown or Black Icing to Letter the Tombstones
- Additional Monster Candy or Decorations to Place in and Around the Graveyard
- Bag of Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies
- Decorate your tombstones ahead of time using a decorating pen. One is available below. Be creative!
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a cauldron - If you don't have a cauldron, a double boiler will do
- Spoon in vanilla
- Get our your Frankenstein Muscles and Mix this stongly
- Put the Rice Krispies in a large mixing bowl
- Pour out and spoon, if necessary, the marshmallow mixture on top of the Rice Krispies
- Time for more stirring...and stir it fast and thoroughly
- Pour the mixture into a mold or a pan. For effect, you can mount this on wax paper without a pan
- Coat with the sprinkles while still hot to make it appear darker and dirtier. This is a graveyard ya know!
- Stick in your Milano Cookie Tombstones at any interval you would like. I break some of mine & lay them on the cake ground for effect of old tombstones
- Add your monsters and other decorations.
- Makes 16 2 Â½ in squares.
Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies - Best deal on the internet! - Also available in Double Chocolate or Mint
What's a cemetery without tombstones? You can't make this cake without these cookies.
Whether you buy them here or get them at the Grocery story, you cake will not work without them.
This is a great deal on Milanos. This is even better, I'm told, than going to Costco or Sam's Club. You will have Milanos for a long time if you purchase them from Amazon. Always fresh and delicious!
Cemetary Cake Poll
Does this cake sound like something you might try?
Deluxe Decorating Pen for your Milano Tombstones
It will be very difficult for you to write on your tombstones with icing without this little gizmo.
If you don't already have one, this is a great gadget and will keep your tasty tombstones looking authentic.
There are many uses for this little item on Halloween and any other occasion where you need to decorate a pastry or food item.