Easy Halloween Eyeball Recipes
Are you looking for a Halloween treats recipe? Look no further because these eyeball themed Halloween treats recipes range from the super simple to the highly detailed and everything in between.
The variety of recipes below are perfect not only to serve at kids parties but also to set up as a fun activity for the party goers to make themselves. This will sure save you some time and keep the kids entertained. Let's not forget the adults though, eyeballs can be served as a healthy and elegant meal. Yes really! Take a look at the Caprese recipe below for a prime example.
Halloween Treats to Make - Italian Cuisine Eyeballs....Here's Looking at YOU.
Healthy and Scary All at Once
Don't these appetizers look realistic? Are you having a dinner party to celebrate Halloween? These edible eyeballs are as delicious as they are authentic looking. It is a very impressive and beautiful display you can create and serve on a large platter. This recipe is super easy to put together and very healthy for kids and adults alike. It's particularly stylish looking for an adult dinner party.
You really get the feeling that all eyes are on you don't you? Impress your guests with this platter of eyes. You can learn how to put this plate together at Halloween Eyeball Caprese.
Eyeballs in Your Drink
It's easy to prepare these eyes and then place them in a bowl of murky water for instant Ghoulish drama. This recipe is "no cook" and easy to prepare.
The eyes are made from radishes and olives so the kids may not take to them and perhaps not even some adults. Even if they don't get eaten they do make a great decoration for the serving table. The are very realistic looking just follow the recipe below but to kick it up a notch there is a video demonstration of how to make these as a Halloween party martini drink. Now that's more like it!
- 12 Radishes
- 12 Green Olives with pimiento
- First peel the radishes leaving behind some long thin skin fragments to give the look of blood vessels in the eye. The thinner these are peeled the more realistic they will look!
- Now using a small knife or the tip of a vegetable peeler, dig out a small area at the top of the radish the size of your olives.
- Place your olives firmly into the hole with the pimento side facing upwards.
- Yup, you're done wasn't that easy? Now let's eat them. Okay, these are not going to be popular with the kids and frankly most adults, but they are great accents and so easy and fun. Think of this recipe as more of a craft and check out the demonstration below.......
Radish Eyeballs Demonstration
Super Easy Eyeball Garnish! The Step by Step instructions for making a martini with these radish eyeballs. That is one way to enjoy your very healthy radish eyeballs with a drink to wash it down.
Baked Cheese Eyeballs - Yummy!
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 tbsp (1/2 cup) chilled butter
- cut up into cubes
- 24 olives with pimento
- Mix the salt, paprika, and flour together and set aside
- Put the cheddar cheese and butter in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- While the machine is running, slowly pour the flour mix into the feed tube and stop as soon as the mixture appears combined. Do not over-process.
- Take about 1 teaspoon of the mixture and form it around an olive completely with the exception of leaving the large end with the pimento facing outward. Place on a baking sheet with "eye" (pimento part) looking upward at a slight angle.
- Repeat for all of the olives and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Note: The eyeballs can be frozen by being placed in the freezer uncovered and once frozen, put in a freezer bag making sure to squeeze out all the air, and seal firmly. Bring them to below room temperature before baking they should be cold but not frozen.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and bake the eyeballs in a 400 degree F preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm! These are great for a make ahead treat. And the kids will love them.
Carrot Eyeballs - Simple, Simple, Simple
- 6 Carrots
- Spreadable cream cheese
- Pitted black olives
- Peel and cut the carrots into one inch chunks
- Top each carrot with a tiny scoop of cream cheese
- Top the cream cheese with a black olive cut in half
- Voila, a platter full of eyes, jeepers creepers where you get those peepers!
Gluten Free Halloween Eyeballs
If you or someone you love is on a gluten free diet, no worries! Here are some scary gluten free Halloween eyeballs.
Do You Make Special Treats at Halloween
Now for some fun: Jeepers Creepers Where Did Ya Get Those PEEPERS! - Where Did Ya Get Those EYES!
Now, I don't care what the weather man says
When the weatherman says it's raining you'll never hear me complaining
I'm certain the sun will shine, I don't care how the weather vane points
When the weather vane points to gloomy, it's gonna be sunny to me, when your eyes look into mine
Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those peepers?
Jeepers Creepers, where'd ya get those eyes?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get so lit up?
Gosh all git up, how'd they get that size?
Golly gee! when you turn those heaters on, woe is me
Got to get my cheaters on
Jeepers Creepers where'd ya get those peepers?
On, those weepers how they hypnotize, where'd ya get those eyes?
Where'd ya get those eyes?
Where'd ya get those eyes?
Halloween Recipes: More than just eyeballs here
- Halloween Recipes By Kraft Foods - Find Halloween Food, Party Ideas, Games & Activities For Hall
From tasty Halloween recipes to spooky Halloween decorations, Kraft Foods is the place for all things Halloween. Find Halloween food ideas, Halloween party ideas, games, treats and more.
© 2012 Sharon Bellissimo