Halloween Gift Basket Ideas
Ghoulishly Delicious Gifts!
It's too bad that Halloween is just one day a year; you get to dress up, pretend, be silly, scared, or scary, and release your inner child upon a pile of candy.
As we get older, we may dress up less and eat healthier, but we should still indulge our love of the spooky, creepy, and crawly.
These Halloween gift basket ideas will help you celebrate in style.
Gourmet Meal in a Basket
This is a perfect gift to impress a boss, coworker, friend, or family member. If you have a foodie on your list, try this Black and Orange Halloween Pasta recipe from Epicurious. It's sure to liven up any halloween celebration.
In a basket or stainless steel colander, assemble the following:
* Butternut squash. You need 2 pounds, which should be about 2 - 3 squash.
* 2 orange bell peppers.
* Fresh garlic.
* Thyme, fresh, dried, or packaged (need 1 tablespoon for recipe).
* Packet of red pepper flakes (need Â½ teaspoon for recipe).
* Small bottle of extra-virgin olive oil (need Â¼ cup for recipe).
* 1 pound of black pasta (squid ink pasta).
* Jar of pitted kalamata olives.
* A bottle of white zinfandel or blush wine.
Attach a recipe card to the basket, with the following instructions:
1. Cut and seed squash and cut into Â¾ inch chunks.
2. Cut bell pepper into 1 inch strips.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in the middle.
4. Toss squash and bell pepper with garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes, oil, and Â½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
5. Roast, stirring once, until vegetables are just tender and browned in spots. This should take 25 to 35 minutes.
6. While cooking, make linguine in salted boiling water until tender. Drain, reserving one cup of the water, and return to pot.
7. Remove vegetables and pour reserved water over them. Stir in olives.
8. Add veggie mixture to pasta and toss.
This involves a bit more prep work than other meal baskets, but the results are worth it!
Squid Ink Pastas for Halloween Dinner Fun!
Gourmet Popcorn Basket
Halloween is the time when we start bundling up and thinking of the harvest. Try creating a popcorn gift basket to celebrate the tastes of fall. In your basket, arrange several ears of colorful Indian corn, available at grocery and craft stores. Then, make a selection of DIY gourmet popcorn. Make sure to include this one from Food.com.
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons maple syrup
* 1 Â½ teaspoons pumpkin spice
* 1 tablespoon butter
* Â½ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
* 5 cups popcorn, popped
1. Make the popcorn in an air popper or on the stovetop.
2. In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice mix over medium heat.
3. Cook for about three minutes or until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling. Stir continually.
4. Stir in the butter until melted and well blended.
5. Add pecans and popcorn and stir carefully until coated.
6. Let the popcorn cool, and the package it up in an airtight gift container.
Creative Halloween Containers for your Gift
Scary Movie in a Basket
You can't let Halloween pass without watching a scary movie, right? Give a movie buff a great night in with a movie gift basket filled with all the fixings, including:
* A DVD of a new release or old favorite.
* Flavored popcorn (homemade or store-bought).
* Movie theater candy (these are bigger packages that you can find at box stores like Walmart).
* A bottle of soda or iced tea.
* Pretzels or chips.
* A flashlight - because you won't want to turn off the lights when you go to bed!
If you're not sure what movie to include, you can instead include a gift card to Blockbuster or Red Box so they can choose what to watch themselves.
Check out these bone-chilling movies!
More Gift Basket Options
If you are running short on time, you can always give a Halloween cookie gift.
Bake or buy cookies in Halloween designs and present them in a fun Halloween tray or basket. You can do the same with Halloween candy or even mix up the two in the basket. Who wouldn't love some sweets?
The gift doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming to be thoughtful! Your recipient will be thrilled to receive a special treat for Halloween!
Even more Helpful Halloween Articles
- Ghostly Halloween Cupcakes
Halloween is officially my favorite holiday and every year, my husband and I go all out decorating our haunted house and having a big Halloween bash. Of course, this party entails making lots of great food including Halloween themed desserts. One of
- Brownie Pop Ideas
If you are into baking, event planning, or crafting, you certainly know that cake and brownie pops have been an up and coming trend over the past few years. And why not, these adorable little bite-sized treats are fun to eat and easy to make.